• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jas-E

Mi16 Fuel Pump Wiring Issue

jas-E

hello,

Iv been wiring my mi16 engine using grimbadgers wiring diagram and have solved a few questions by searching on the forum, but am stuck on one problem which seems to be the final one before i can get the rest all back together.

I understand the white wire from the old ecu loom number 76 needs to be connected to the yellow wire coming out near the bx loom ecu plug. However I dont have 12v on that wire checking with my multimeter. I have these wires coming out of the same place..(see picture attached)

the white wires with a red plug has 12v sometimes on it when i check it with my multimeter - and other times it just shows about 0.18v for some reason..!!but when i connect the white fuel pump wire to it it still doesnt work..the green wire is an earth wire from what i understand and i have connected that directly to the battery negative, but still my fuel pump doesnt work..!!

are these the right wires to connect to the fuel pump feed...?can i connect the fuel feed to another source that goes live when the ignition is turned on, like the red thick wire coming to the brown multi plugs...?

also i have a yellow wire number 32a from my brown multiplugs which iunderstand goes to my tacho meter according to grimbadgers diagram..since i have removed my 8v loom tachometers, do i just leave that wire hanging?

thanks..

EDIT:would be good to actually upload a file

post-5572-1214074254_thumb.jpg

Edited by jas-E

Powers

Check your fuel pump with wires connected directly to it from a battery.

Test the earth on the fuel pump.

Connect a wire directly from the fuel pump possitive to the white wire close to the ECU plug.

If this doesnt work check that your ecu is getting a 12V live. Thick blue wire on the slam pannel.

pug_ham

Jas, as per the pm, they are the wrong wires.

You want to find a small two pin white plug near the ignition module plug, the thick yellow wire on there is the fuel pump feed iirc.

Graham.

post-71-1214258062_thumb.jpg

jas-E

Hey Graham,

Thanks for your reply.

I thought thoe yellow wire from the white plug connects to the thick red wire coming out of the 2 brown multiplugs under the dash..?

is that incorrect..? If so, then where does the thick red wire get its 12v supply from mate..?

cheers

Jas

pug_ham

I belled quickly through the loom I have before sending you the pm yesterday & repliing to this topic but after checking into it further just now I think I got it wrong. :blink:

On my BX loom the yellow wire from the two pin plug runs to the fuel pump relay (pin 3) via the coil (pin 3) & ignition module (pin 4).

Looking at the Haynes wiring diagram this should be your ignition switched live as you have it wired now. The thick red wire only gets 12v when the ignition is on second click.

The terminal on the fuel pump relay it goes to also has the small green switching wire which loops over to the injection relay but the yellow wire near the ecu plug does run from the fuel pump relay on the terminal directly opposite to the switched live input (from thick red wire) so it should have 12v when switched on imo.

Graham.

jas-E

hey mate..

so what you are saying is that i should have 12v to the yellow wire near the ecu shown in my picture...?

and my thick red wire connection from the brown multiplugs to the yellow wire from the white plug is ok..

maybe one of my relays is buggered or there is a break in the circuit somewhere...??

pug_ham

Yes, after having a proper look at my loom & comparing it to the Haynes diagram I think thats how it shoud be.

Could be a relay or have you blown the fuel pump fuse?

Graham.

jas-E

i checked all the fuses in the glove box and they seemed ok..will have to check the relays next..

thanks for your help..

pug_ham

Fuel pump is the blue 15amp fuse nearest the driver in the fusebox.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this