• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
adamc

4-1 Manifold

adamc

Just bought myself a 4 branch manifold and exhaust system.

Just wondering if there is any useful information i should know before fitting it?

Does the manifold just bolt straight on as a replacement, do i need to get any gaskets or anything?

vickiw106

what manifold have you got

different types have different fitments

adamc
what manifold have you got

different types have different fitments

its a magnex 4-2-1 manifold

James_R

You need to fit the up rated bottom mount to reduve engine movement to lessen the chance of it cracking.

Also you may need to move the engine forward slightly to get the manifold down the back of the engine bay, seems to depend car to car.

adamc
You need to fit the up rated bottom mount to reduve engine movement to lessen the chance of it cracking.

Also you may need to move the engine forward slightly to get the manifold down the back of the engine bay, seems to depend car to car.

ok thanks for that, does the standard gasket fit or do i need to source another one.

James_R

std gaskets fit make sure they're the right way up, easy mistake to make.

slow_matt

I removed the heat sheild, made it much easier.

Cheers

pike_1.9cti

as above, i removed the heat sheild to fit mine and if you work the angles you can fit it in without having to undo engine mounts to tilt the engine forward

Peetypug

i had a right ball ache fitting mine

had to take top and rear mounts off then tilt and lower the engine :lol:

i couldn't get it to seal properly as the engine kept moving, so fitted a solid rear bush. this made a hell of a lot of vibration and caused the manifold bolts to work loose

so off it came and i got rid of it

adamc
i had a right ball ache fitting mine

had to take top and rear mounts off then tilt and lower the engine :(

i couldn't get it to seal properly as the engine kept moving, so fitted a solid rear bush. this made a hell of a lot of vibration and caused the manifold bolts to work loose

so off it came and i got rid of it

ok thanks for the advice, sounds like it could be an interesting job. Been doing some research into the 4-2-1 manifolds, some people say it does make a difference, but i am hearing alot of stuff about how it doesn't make a noticable difference on the 1.6 engine. Would you guys say it is worth doing?

Sign in to follow this