• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
tonycj

How Do I Break Into My Glove-box Without Damage?

tonycj

Ive left my keys in my glove-box and when i shut it i didnt realise the lock was locked!!

So now my keys are inside the glove-box and the glove-box is locked.

Anybody know of a way of getting into the glove-box without causing any damage?

Many Thanks,

Tony.

pug_ham

Is it definately locked? Sometimes mine sticks as if locked but moving the lock & door to the left gets it clear so it opens.

If it is locked then you'll have to break the lock which isn't easy or force the clip it hooks onto. I had to break through the lock once but it took some time so I didn't break the glovebox by gradually working into the lock barrel with screwdrivers & then replaced the lock with on from a lower spec model without a key.

Graham.

steve@cornwall
Is it definately locked? Sometimes mine sticks as if locked but moving the lock & door to the left gets it clear so it opens.

If it is locked then you'll have to break the lock which isn't easy or force the clip it hooks onto. I had to break through the lock once but it took some time so I didn't break the glovebox by gradually working into the lock barrel with screwdrivers & then replaced the lock with on from a lower spec model without a key.

Graham.

Seeing as the keys are inside, Remove the lower glovebox mounting panel. There's a hooked piece going around one of the bonnet release screws, a 10mm nut in the middle of the lower panel and several phillips screws, look out for the screws directly below/behind the glovebox corners You should now be able to retrieve your keys from underneath and unlock it!

dirtdog

my glovebox was so full of stuff it locked itself, i was driving at the time and wanted to get my cds out...so i gave it a swift jab with my fist on the lock area and it unlocked. i guess my lock is a bit buggerd

Foltan

Yeah being a 205, make sure it's definitely locked (without meaning to patronise you!) so just give it a good rattle around and shake/bang the latch a bit. I think mine seemed to lock once or twice in the past but then came open.

welshpug

I took my glovebox off earlier to make it easier to work on the fusebox, I had it off in a minute or so as its only half a dozen Posi screws.

Sign in to follow this