• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

Rear Beam Question + Video

Miles

Your a brave man using those B4, your better off sticking with some 20 yr old std Pug dampers than those so you will see allot of movement with them on

taylorspug
Your a brave man using those B4, your better off sticking with some 20 yr old std Pug dampers than those so you will see allot of movement with them on

That thought had crossed my mind too. Ive got some nearly new std dampers i can stick on to try come Saturday.

GTI6BOY

My mate has the same and it handles like its on rails

welshpug

try taking the 13mm bolt out of the Anti roll bar end plate and seeing how easily the trailing arm moves then.

Jrod

Either way you need a GTI rear valance! :blink:

GTI6BOY

i want to keep the rallye bumper, i think it looks kinda cool

Jrod
:blink:

Miles

I'm very surprized you say about them handing well, They have nearly bounced me off into the hedge before and hence why I only use the Group N one's now which I think if you tried these you would never look back and see what we're all talking about

weejimmy

its deffo not the shox as it only rebounds once then settle's

if the shox are gone it bounces up and down for days.. . . well

looks torsion related to me as it has no spring in it

doubt its basic model bars looks more stripd splines.

but as taylorspug said he built it so hes the best person to see 1st

Jrod

I'd be suprised if it was stripped torsion bars. Wouldn't that mean it would just sit lower, as it is they are still sprining it back to place.

Also worth mentioning, that GTI looks really stiff, I'm running 20mm torsion bars andthe group N billies and mine doesnt look much harder. :blink:

tom_m
I'd be suprised if it was stripped torsion bars. Wouldn't that mean it would just sit lower, as it is they are still sprining it back to place.

Also worth mentioning, that GTI looks really stiff, I'm running 20mm torsion bars andthe group N billies and mine doesnt look much harder. :blink:

its not necessarily stripped TBs, but certainly i think you'll find some play in the TB/trailing arm location. i've seen it before on another beam. more likely to be the trailing arm socket has been reamed out by a previously seized TB leaving a larger than usual whole for the the torsion bar to locate in, leading to a bit of play in the system before it starts doing its job

welshpug

If it was a single stripped torsion bar it would be relying on the springing of the opposite side's torsion bar Via the ARB, allbeit a bit lop sided due to the twist through the ARB.

Cant wait to see what the actual cause is!!

Jrod

I didnt think the play was a problem in this, just thought it was the fact its really soft? Also, my mates rallye is no stiffer than that using billies but they are s*it ones.

Also intrested to find out whats wrong, if anything. :blink:

GTI6BOY

oh trust me...somethings wrong

Im on my 6th 205 and still own 4 of them.

I know when somethings not right

Edited by GTI6BOY

GTI6BOY

Went to Dans workshop today to have a look and could not see anything wrong with the beam so we took the torsion bars out and put two diff ones in and its solid.

The car now feels like it should

Thanks

Sign in to follow this