• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
casanova2007

Mi16 On Carbs Using 1.9 Gti Loom But Mi16 Crank Sensor?

casanova2007

im currently in the process of building up an mi16 on carbs using the mi16 flywheel, but im wondering if it would be possible to use the original 1.9 loom but discard the dizzy and use the mi16 crank sensor and plug it into the loom where the dizzy sensor plugs in. the pins are the same on both plugs, will the pickup from the flywheel provide the signal for the spark or is it controled by the mi16 ecu? any help would be greatly appreciated

daz

Richie-Van-GTi

the 1.9 stuff wont work with a crank signal unless your talking about using mi16 management splice up to a 1.9 loom or by 1.9 loom you mean 1.9 mi16?

Im guessing you mean 1.9 gti loom, in which case its a definate no, crank sensor pick up is totally different to the one given by the dizzy.

If your going for carbs then check the main pages for the wiring to use with a dizzy. Very simple to do, as is fuel pump wiring. You'll just need the converter to use a 1.9 dizzy on the mi engine.

casanova2007

ok thats cool, yer gonna be using the 1.9 gti loom, already done a mi16 conversion on carbs with 1 of those adaptors and to be honest i think there naff, i think ill revert back to my original plan of using the 1.9 gti water housing as it bolts onto the mi16 head then just get a spacer machined to extend the cam pickup on the dizzy to meet the cam.

Sign in to follow this