• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Flix

Bleeding 306 Brakes?

Flix

The problem i`m havin with this is i can`t get a constant flow from the actual M/C. It sits on a 45 degree angle and although i`ve never had to do it before nor have i ever heard of it, people say you have to bleed the cylinder before you put it on the car. I`ve done that and get good pressure from both chambers but when i put it back on the car, the pressure from the top chamber drops. I`ve bled it about 6/7 times now and keep getting the same result so either i`m not doin it right or i have a fualty M/C

pug_ham

I've also heard of it but never had to do it.

To bleed the mc with it fitted to the car (if necessary) all you need to do is crack the pipe unions into the mc body & the follow the normal bleeding routine / method.

Another thing to try is pump the caliper piston out with a piece of wood just wide enough to stop the piston popping out of the bore & then push it home again with the bleed nippple open to bleed just the caliper body.

If you've done all this & it is still bad, maybe the m/c is faulty.

Graham.

Flix

Thanks Graham, I'll give that a try.

It's been bled half a dozen times now, so I suspect the m/c.

Sign in to follow this