• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jackman

Strut Brace

Jackman

Im after a strut brace for my 205 Rallye.

Do i have to get one for the rallye of will a GTi one fit.

I can't seem to find the Sparco one i wanted for the Rallye.

Was just wondering if the strutbracer is specific to the car for a reason?

GLPoomobile

I could be wrong, but I believe the Ralleye brace curves back towards the bulk head to clear the standard air box assembly. The GTI one just goes straight across as there is nothing in the way.

RossD

It depends if it's the real European Rallye, or the watered down UK version.... The GTi brace should fit if it's the UK version.

johnnyboy666

i've got a gti one on my roland garros (same as xs) and it squashes the k&n filter a bit so i assume it would do the same to a standard air filter assembly. im not sure how similar the rallye assembly is to the xs one though, but im assuming you'll have a similar issue

Jrod

Gti brace is very close to the standard airbox but I'd imagine you'd get away with it. I have 1 or 2cm clearance with my K&N but then I do have some thick plates on the top of the struts which lift the strutbrace a bit.

Jackman

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've recently had a engine conversion so don't have the 1.4 in there anymore so assuming it would be fine!

Jrod

Whats in it?

Jackman

Saxo VTS engine.

Sign in to follow this