• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JR20516V

Which Resevoir For Gti6 Brake Master Cylinder

JR20516V

Upgrading the brake master cylinder on my 205 and just wondering if the standard 205 resevoir will fit on to it OR do i have to also buy a 306 gti6 resevoir ???

Cheers in advance on any help/info on this.

jonnie205

205 one will fit

Simes

Doesn't the GTi-6 one have an additional securing point?

JR20516V
Doesn't the GTi-6 one have an additional securing point?

What exactly do you mean by the above....please expand on the question. Cheers for answering my post too!!

Stu

i used the 205 one with no problem, mine came with the '6 resevoir but i seem to remember it hitting the bonnet as it was a bit taller than the 205 one, and yes, the '6 one does have a pin that goes through the side to keep it attached to the M/C, but just use the 205 one without this, the seals keep it in place, its a very tight fit.

Hope this helps!

Jrod

I always put a cable tie around them still.

eob

Sorry if this bumps this thread up a bit, but JRod is right. I fitted the 406 m/c to mine with the 205 reservoir and found myself worrying slightly that it would fall off, it just doesn't seem to sit as 'right' as it does on the old 205 m/c. So I got some nylon straps and strapped that thing down. Can never be too careful with brakes. They're useful.

Edited by eob

Miles

use the 406 reservoir, Slightly larger but fit's as it should and has a proper pin to secure it from falling off if the worst was to happen

jackherer
Sorry if this bumps this thread up a bit, but JRod is right. I fitted the 406 m/c to mine with the 205 reservoir and found myself worrying slightly that it would fall off, it just doesn't seem to sit as 'right' as it does on the old 205 m/c. So I got some nylon straps and strapped that thing down. Can never be too careful with brakes. They're useful.

I don't even trust the 205 reservoir on a 205 M/C!

Emmy Seize

I can't follow the concerns here - on my car the 205 reservoir fits nicely.

All I did was to use new seals.

jackherer
I can't follow the concerns here - on my car the 205 reservoir fits nicely.

All I did was to use new seals.

The concern is that its only held by those rubber seals so in a crash it could easily come loose and spill brake fluid on the manifold (this is much more of an issue on RHD cars probably) which will start a fire as shown in the youtube video posted above. The 306 res is held on with a pin and a lot of newer cars have the res behind a bulkhead for safety reasons. I understand that in some events 205s will only pass scrutineering if they have a cable tie holding the res in place.

JR20516V

The reason i upgraded my MC was that it was spewing brake fluid out of the top of the resevoir and up the windscreen when on a track day. it turned out the MC was stuffed so i put on the new GTI-6 one with the 205 resevoir [tight fit ]

The brakes have only improved by say 30% and i still am getting small amounts of fluid out the top of the resevoir when on track.

Any thoughts ?? :blush:

James_R

1) you're doing rally cross

2) it's over filled

3) the seal is buggered on the top

It really shouldn't be spilling out the top, not something I've seen yet :s have it less full?

C_W

I use a 406 reservoir on a 205 M/C as the Gunson Easibleed caps fit on this properly (the thread is very slightly smaller on the 205 on and it always kept popping off).

Sign in to follow this