• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pug_Power_Dave

Adjustable Shocks

Pug_Power_Dave

Just been under my car having a look around and gave the shocks a wipe over, and turns out i have adjustable avo shocks on it, which is nice :)

only thing is the adjuster knob is stuck solid, (when trying to turn it by hand)

Should i risk getting some grips on it and giving it a yank or will it just break the adjustor off?

Or is there anything i can do to get them adjusting again?

Cheers

Dave

Jrod

I had some old avos a while back which wouldn't turn, used some grips on them and they came undoneno problem.

James_R

worse that happens is it snaps and you have to send them off to be fixed, best is that you try and they come free. or you can just send them off now.

McDude

I would say the worst that can happen is they snap off and your suspension is no better/worse than it was before you realised it was adjustable! You could carry on driving it like that forever.

Pug_Power_Dave

Cool, will see what i can break tomorrow then :rolleyes: lol

Tom Fenton

Or alternatively you can send them off to AVO who will rebuild them and send them back looking like new for not a lot of cash. Great service and very helpful.

Sign in to follow this