• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gentry_Ba

Cam Upgrade For Xu10j2te?

Gentry_Ba

Hi!

First, sorry for my bad english- but I'll do my very best :D

I have a 205 Gentry with a 2.0 Turbo engine in it. The car runs very good at max. 1.0bar Boost... (chipped)

Now I've heard it's possible to fit another cam to increase power- is that correct or am I wrong? :)

I thought about using a stock cam from a XU9JAZ engine or something else- something cheap to get more power/torque...

I think the engine (it's completely stock except the ecu-chip and a mechanical boost controller- I can't remember the english word for "Dampfrad")

With this modifications I think it has about 190-200hp and enough torque- but why not increase that by using another cam? :D

I used the forum's search, but I can't find it anymore...?

Thank you,

Matthias ;)

Edited by Gentry_Ba

whizzer71
Hi!

First, sorry for my bad english- but I'll do my very best :o

I have a 205 Gentry with a 2.0 Turbo engine in it. The car runs very good at max. 1.0bar Boost... (chipped)

Now I've heard it's possible to fit another cam to increase power- is that correct or am I wrong? :)

I thought about using a stock cam from a XU9JAZ engine or something else- something cheap to get more power/torque...

I think the engine (it's completely stock except the ecu-chip and a mechanical boost controller- I can't remember the english word for "Dampfrad")

With this modifications I think it has about 190-200hp and enough torque- but why not increase that by using another cam? :)

I used the forum's search, but I can't find it anymore...?

Thank you,

Matthias :blush:

Yes the cam you want is from XU9JAZ (DKZ) and the should be plentifull in your country

:D

Gentry_Ba

Hi!

Is the DKZ cam ok or are there other cams, which increases the power more? :)

cheers,

Matthias

whizzer71
Hi!

Is the DKZ cam ok or are there other cams, which increases the power more? :)

cheers,

Matthias

DKZ is the best option,DFZ (1.9 105bhp low comp) or 2.0ltr 8v (Xantia / 405) are the other options

Tris

S13Nick

DKZ which 1.9 engine is that?, mine was rolling road'd at 130bhp standard, could i use that?

James_R

It's the later cat equiped engine low compression, not that many over here

Gentry_Ba

@whizzer:

Thank you! Can you tell me if the increase of power is feelable?

(oh god my english.... Sorry for that.....)

cheers,

Matthias

S13Nick

me also please...

whizzer71
@whizzer:

Thank you! Can you tell me if the increase of power is feelable?

(oh god my english.... Sorry for that.....)

cheers,

Matthias

XU9JAZ from later 1.9 Gti Cat Equipped cars (92>?) running Motronic management,Cant tell you precise power gains as never had a "Before & After" comparison but having driven a car (205 Turbo running 1 bar with std turbo) with and one without, the power delivery/characteristic is completely different .

Well worth doing !

:)

carbers205

I think Rob Turbo ran his with the RFX cam in (2.0 8v) on the understanding that was the best cheap upgrade in the UK.

I happen to have a spare one!

Andy

Jakob

As long as you are using the standard ex manifold, turbo etc. .... you will have way toooo much backpressure to gain from a more open cam. Just to compare your current flow ...you have 190 - 200hp with 1 bar boost - same engine with "correct" backpressure makes 280-290hp on the same "cold" pressure...(V2 ex. manifold, NA in. manifold, 60RS, NA cam). It is all about flow - and you dont have that at the moment ...you have hot expanded air, and usely lousy ignition to prevent detonation (set by the chip tuner) due to your huge backpressure among others. IMO you spend money on nothing when starting with the cam - dont start by open up your overlab at this stage, you will only run into detonation... In order to flow optimize your engine with cams, you first need to get the basics right and get closer to ratio 1:1 (boost vs. backpressure), rather than 1:4... or what ever is present.

Sign in to follow this