• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
quagmire

Air Flow Meter Problems

quagmire

My 1.6 got trough its MOT today. The CO level was quite low at 0.85% so I tried to richen the mixture a little bit with no luck. The car seems to have a problem where if you turn the engine off and restart it 8 times out of 10 it will just cut out. When it doesn't stall the idle speed takes ages to get up to where it should be.

I have no air leaks and I have cleaned all the breathers. Its like the AFM just cant be arsed. Is it probable that it is just beyond service and I need a new AFM?

jackherer

Check the throttle switch is working and adjusted right before you suspect the AFM. If thats OK and you definitely don't have any airleaks its then worth looking at the AFM.

quagmire

I have replaced the throttle switch so thats not the problem.

I have played with the AFM and I can get to start and idle ok but it misfires quite alot and runs like a bag of s*it. But when I get it to idle perfectly without a misfire I get the stalling problem again.

Edited by quagmire

Guest cann

Could you please tell me where is the throttle switch?

MrG

on the side of the throttle body facing the rad.

Sign in to follow this