• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
skinner2k3

407 Lucas Brakes?

skinner2k3

Hi

I have kindly been given a set of front brake callipers and discs, apparently from a Peugeot 407.

They are made by Lucas, appear very similar in shape to a set I have from a 306 S16 and also have roughly the same size discs. 266mm IIRC.

Are these brakes any good? Condition wise they certainly seem tidy and I am thinking about replacing my 1600 std callipers with them.

Cheers

Ben

welshpug

They wont be off a 407 if they are 266mm, smallest that a 407 uses is 283 x 26mm, also 5 bolt wheel fixing...

skinner2k3

Sorry, my bad. I meant 406 lol.

Anthony

406 calipers (or to be precise, carriers) don't fit 205/309 hubs.

(or atleast, the 283mm version don't, and I'm assuming the 266mm versions won't either)

d-9

They might be off a 307, in which case they are brilliant and a great upgrade for the 205. Give em a try and see if they fit!

skinner2k3

It would be a shame if they didnt fit as they do appear to be in reasonable condition.

I think there was a serial number on the caliper so I may be able to find out exactly what they were off.

cheers chaps.

Sign in to follow this