• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pete1986

Original Mudflaps

pete1986

Ok i went to my local peugeot dealer a few days ago to get a few bits, including some new front mud flaps. But, although they said 205 GTi on the front they are different to the ones i currently have.

My current ones look like this;

post-9108-1212963629_thumb.jpg

the ones from peugeot didnt have that rectangular groove behind the badge, just completely smooth. Do they not make the original ones anymore? Where can i get some from?

timmsy19

i always see loads of "original" ones on the bay and i also remember a topic in the group buy and discounts section a little while ago

Ryan

The ones on ebay are usually from a dealer anyway, and sold at a higher price. :wacko:

If you order some by the part number then I'd like to know if you get the rubber ones like in the picture, as the ones I was given are cheap plastic and don't look very good.

Edited by Ryan

pete1986

Cheers for the replies

Agreed, the plastic ones look sh!t! Do peugeot take returns then?

jord294
Cheers for the replies

not if the main dealer has had to order them in.

which is very likely, as i wouldn't of thought they had them on the shelf

taylorspug

Ive got a feeling you can only get the hard plastic ones for the front now...

NeilGTi85

Has anyone managed to get the original rubber one's from peugeot recently?

As im currently looking for some, autofive do some but im not sure if there the rubber one or not

Cheers

Neil

large
Cheers for the replies

only if the item if faulty if they had to order them in, if they have not had to order it may put a handling charge + the vat :D

christopher

I have a set at home if you are interested. Think they are rubber

weejp
I have a set at home if you are interested. Think they are rubber

Do you still have the front mudflaps available? If so I would be happy to take them off your hands.

Let me know.

GLPoomobile

I bought a set of GTI front mudflaps for my very first GTI, which I've never fitted. So that's about 8 years I've had them in their packaging. Now considering how long ago I got them, and that they were from a main dealer, I always just assumed they were the proper ones. But I've just realised that they are actually the plastic ones that you lot all turn your noses up at!

To fit or not to fit? Hmmmmmmm :D

Phil H

I have a brand new set in rubber and the have a badge on saying 205 GTI, not lke the ones you buy now tha just have a GTI badge. They are still sealed in the yellow and blue packet. To fit or to ebay hmmmmm !

Sign in to follow this