• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mechsmurf

Silicone Hoses

mechsmurf

ive had a complete set of silicone hoses made for my car only problem is that the oil filler pipe is missing the t piece that the cam cover breather runs off

is there any way i can route it to something else or is it ok to just leave it off

or if anyone knows where i could get a t piece

many thanks

si_03

here is the oil filler section baker

Edited by si_03

mechsmurf

have the pipe just no t piece on the end is there any way round it

GLPoomobile

The 2 options I can see are:

1 - Use a breather filter on the cam cover, thus ditching the return hose. I'm pretty clueless about the breather system though, so don't know if it's a good idea. Pretty sure I have read on here that it's not such a good idea.

2 - Have a metal T piece made up to fit in the hose. You'd need to cut the filler tube in half at the point where you want the cam breather hose to enter it, then insert the adapter. You'd need an adapter with the right diameter for the filler hose, with a bit sticking out of the side of the right diameter for the breather hose. I have no idea whether such adapters are available 'off the shelf' anywhere, which is what I said above about having one made (should be easy enough for a metal worker). Or you could try a plumbers merchant to see if there are any metal or plastic adapters available that have the right dimensions.

Gtiracer

As GLP says you could run a breather filter (about £10-£15 i think) or you could run a catch tank system if you wanted

mechsmurf

just brought an oil catch tank off a friend so i have the cam breather connected to it what other hose do i need to connect to it

mechsmurf

any ideas ?

lee-bg

what engine ?

you dont need to connect the cam breather to oil catch, but the block breather basically.

the other part must breath to atmosphere (usually)

mechsmurf

1.9 xu9ja (d6b)

i was under the impression that the cam breather had to connect to the catch tank as it has no connection to the oil filler pipe

does the other inlet/outlet on the catch tank have to have a breather connected

lee-bg

on Xu9ja as i remember

top breather hose from cam goes to the oil pipe that you pour oil in it , which goes down to the block of engine.

from down of block there is also another hose which goes to same oil pipe. On top of which is the oil cap.

and from oil cap one hose goes to the Inlet manifold and one hose goes to AFM/air filter pipe.

So you basically need to connect this part to the oil catch -

the part from inlet manifold - from oil cap goes to oil catcher can

and block the part after AFM. On oil catcher can put breathe filter.

thats it. I hope its understandable :lol:)

i can draw diagram if needed

mechsmurf

yes please if you dont mind

mechsmurf

also what should i do with cam breather pipe as there is no connection to the block filler pipe

lee-bg

here it is the picture version how its by default

post-9796-1212955734_thumb.jpg

mechsmurf

so does pipe 7 go to catch tank and then block off hole on k&n adapter, and other end of catch tank has breather filter, and just let the other end of cam breather vent to atmosphere

mechsmurf

all sorted now took me a while get my head round it :)

cheers for all your help appreciate it

CosKev
ive had a complete set of silicone hoses made for my car only problem is that the oil filler pipe is missing the t piece that the cam cover breather runs off

is there any way i can route it to something else or is it ok to just leave it off

or if anyone knows where i could get a t piece

many thanks

Have the oil pipes been made up of fluorosilcone lined pipe????

Normal silicone will break down when in contact with oil.

Have seen the effects of this on a Cosworth engine,totally knackered it when the oil pick up to pump got blocked with the bits of silicone.

Edited by CosKev

Sign in to follow this