• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

Genuine Pug Wishbones?

sonofsam

I ordered 3599.07 over the phone today from Peugeot,

Im sure He said it was £20inc VAT! will find out for sure on Tueday when i pick them up :)

They were £17.74inc VAT when I bought 3599.07 6 months ago.

Paintguy

Thanks chaps, I'll give my local stealer a ring and see what they make of that part number :)

jackherer

Check the contents of the bag before you leave the dealer, I got one recently that was all over the place, the bushes looked more like the ones that go in the lower engine mount fork where it bolts to the subframe!

GLPoomobile

Yeah, the contents do tend to vary. I've also had a couple, if not 3 sets that had at least one bush with a slightly crushed outer shell.

So check them before you leave!

Super Josh
Josh,

I've searched some old topics and have a good idea what you're on about, but some pics might make it a little clearer if you have some please.

Cheers guys,

Andy.

I don't have any pictures or any old wishbones to 'stage' a picture with. But when I get a few moments this weekend I'll see what I can cobble together to help explain how to make a 'Puller' to remove and insert the bushes.

Josh

Paintguy

Thanks Josh.

Failing that, I've got access to a 20 ton press at work. I'm sure that would get them out! :lol:

sonofsam
Thanks Josh.

Failing that, I've got access to a 20 ton press at work. I'm sure that would get them out! :D

I had a look at using our power press / flypress @ work for doing the bushes, couldnt gain any proper purchase though as the leg wasn't long enough,

would of needed a special extended leg machining up,.. and I couldn't be bothered :lol:

feb

It would be great if you could replace the bushes; I paid something like 650 euros a couple of years ago for a pair from peugeot in france :lol:

Henry Yorke
Thanks chaps, I'll give my local stealer a ring and see what they make of that part number :)

3599.09 is not available as I tried at City motors the other day. Let me know if you want some as I will try the other number. I work next door remember! Alternatively M@tt has just got some for him and Jim from a place in Leeds for not a lot.

Regards,

Henry

sonofsam

Well, Peugeot took £20.07 out of my account, so I can only assume they have gone up. I havent been to get them yet though

as my rad is broke :(

Paintguy
Let me know if you want some as I will try the other number. I work next door remember!

Cheers Henry, I'll let you know when I'm ready :(

pug_ham
Well, Peugeot took £20.07 out of my account, so I can only assume they have gone up.

They've either gone up or you haven't managed to get a trade discount with your local pug dealers, I'm sure I didn't pay over £17 for my last set & I'm ordering some more next week so I'll let you know what I get charged.

Graham.

GLPoomobile

They are just over 20 quid to us 'civies' (not everyone is fortunate enough to get trade prices!). Prices on most parts have gone up recently.

20 quid is still good value IMO.

M@tt

henry the number you gave me was wrong so thats why it probably didn't yield anything :)

got mine from SEL imperial in doncaster they do all genuine peugeot stuff and are cheaper than peugeot! got them bush kits for £18 where as pug list them at £20.007 as stated above, although with PSOOC discount it works out about the same on that part , but some parts i've had are definaitely more than 10% cheaper

the part number you want is 3599 07

GLPoomobile

Motaquip has a handy online catalogue that confirms the part numbers for all their products, but I presume you need to then take the part number to a motor factor who supplies Motaquip parts and confirm the price with them, as no prices are listed on the website.

So for example:

205 left wishbone VSA533

205 right wishbone VSA443

309 Left wishbone VSA649

309 right wishbone VSA650

Track rod end VTR282

Drop link VSL645

Paintguy
got mine from SEL imperial in doncaster they do all genuine peugeot stuff and are cheaper than peugeot!

That's even better news. Phil has (or had) an account with them, so I might be able to get a bit of trade discount too! :rolleyes:

pug_ham
(not everyone is fortunate enough to get trade prices!).

You obviously don't spend either enough time or money in your local Peugeot dealership then. :rolleyes:

got mine from SEL imperial in doncaster they do all genuine peugeot stuff and are cheaper than peugeot! got them bush kits for £18 where as pug list them at £20.007 as stated above, although with PSOOC discount it works out about the same on that part , but some parts i've had are definaitely more than 10% cheaper

Matt, do you mean this SEL imperial?

Graham.

GLPoomobile

Well I now have to do the job of replacing my bushes myself. The engineering place I use have had them for about 2 months, and everytime I called them I got told they were halfway through and to call later. Well I called them on Friday and was told that they were nearly finished and to call back at the end of the day, so I told them "I'm picking them up tomorrow morning, so if they are done then great, but if not I'll just do it myself". So I get there yesterday morning, and surprise surprise, they aren;t finished........they aren't even half done! Not a single bush even removed, all they had managed was to cut 1/4 of the metal lip off of one bush, so about 5 minutes work.

I now need to buy some M8 treaded rod, washers and nuts, and a new butane canister, maybe get some new drill bits and a holesaw too (might as well get fully tooled up for the job!).

So over the next few weeks I'll try and sort this and I'll get some photos of my shenanigans along the way. My biggest problem is not having a workbench and vice, so it'll all have to be done on the floor with little support. Gonna be fun ;)

welshpug

M10 would be a bit better to use GLP, they would take the pressure better than M8, the hole through the centre of the bush sleeve is M10 on the front bush and M12 on the rear one.

you should be fine doing them on the floor, though a vice makes it easier, they do need to be securely bolted down (and the bench to the wall!) for stuff like this.

Edited by welshpug

GLPoomobile
M10 would be a bit better to use GLP, they would take the pressure better than M8, the hole through the centre of the bush sleeve is M10 on the front bush and M12 on the rear one.

you should be fine doing them on the floor, though a vice makes it easier, they do need to be securely bolted down (and the bench to the wall!) for stuff like this.

I assume you mean the vice needs to be securely bolted. I had to read that sentence twice ;)

Thanks for the advice about the rod, I thought M8 had been mentioned previously, but I'll get M10 instead.

Sign in to follow this