• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GTI6BOY

Genuine Pug Wishbones?

GTI6BOY

They said £620 the pair :)

I was under the impression they were about £150 each?

Baz

Yup....

there was a thread about increasing OE prices a few weks ago.

GTI6BOY

I just purchased two for the 306 gti-6...£200 per pair

Rupertfinch

Have you tried a local Motaquip supplier? Pug own motaquip remember! - OE quality.

£620 - if they ever get to that price I'll scrap the 205.

James_R

Cheaper to buy the compbrake arms at that price. :lol:

Jrod

Cheaper to buy a pair of combrake arms, go and hit the people in the parts department with them. Then go and buy ANOTHER set of combrake arms and you'll still be £120 better off! :lol:

welshpug

£308.79 each :lol:

Casanova

Obscene!

§

sonofsam
Cheaper to buy a pair of combrake arms, go and hit the people in the parts department with them. Then go and buy ANOTHER set of combrake arms and you'll still be £120 better off! :)

:D funny!

But :P @ over 300 smackers.

S13Nick

going on ebay for 50 quid a side brand new

pete1986
Have you tried a local Motaquip supplier? Pug own motaquip remember! - OE quality.

£620 - if they ever get to that price I'll scrap the 205.

I got some wishbones from Motorquip today as it happens, £40 a side.

How can Peugeot justify charging 8 times more?

Simes

Buy the cheap ones and fit the OE bushes.

I've had 6000 miles out of cheap wishbones before the bushes failed and then about 25,000 before the ball joint started to knock.

GLPoomobile

Just a word of warning on buying pattern wishbones with a view to pressing in OE bushes. IMO this is definately the way to go, but make sure you can definately find a place who will remove the original bushes and press the new ones in at a reasonable price, or make sure you can do it yourself.

A few weeks back I took some 309 bones to an engineering place that I always use, and who have previously done this job for me for around £15. Unfortunately, they've since done this job for a few people and realised its a bit of a bastard (I don't think they know about the simple method) so the main guy called me up a while after and said that it was actually going to cost me about £50 to do the job due to the length of time it would take them (they are straight up outfit, and not conning bastards IMO). I told them to crack on anyway as I need it done. Anywhoo, they've had them for about 3 or 4 weeks now cos they are really busy and keep putting it off (yes, I am a bit pissed off now), so I'm at the point now where if they aren;t ready by saturday I'm going to have to take them away, buy some studding, bolts and washers, and try Superjosh's method for doing the job.

Jrod

I did a full set this morning in 15 mins and I do it the same way as Josh.

Super Josh

My patented method :wub: I think once you've worked out the right size sockets and got some studding and nuts/washers together (making sure to get a few nuts to spread the load over as many threads as you can) it's really quite quick and straight forward. Then in a years time when you need to do it again it really is a piece of cake.

If I were you Steve, I would go back to the engineering firm and take everything back off them, tell them they've taken too long and then get yourself down to B&Q. It'll be an extra 45 quid towards your new Camera too :blush:

Josh

Alastairh
Buy the cheap ones and fit the OE bushes.

I've had 6000 miles out of cheap wishbones before the bushes failed and then about 25,000 before the ball joint started to knock.

Same here.

mhyphenl
Same here.

Josh, where did you post this method. Its my next job!!

GLPoomobile

Yeah Josh, it might be a good idea to add an explanation here, and if you have the time, can you make it really detailed? Can you remove the old bushes complete using the studding and bolts method or do you still need to cut and burn the middles out? Is a vice essential or can you do it without one?

DamirGTI

Dunno why is this because of bad bumpy roads over here or something else but i always find the bushes long lasting (as far as i remember i've had only once duff bush , and on OE wishbone when i've bought my first car 6years ago ..) then after , each new problem regarding the wishbone wear was - the ball joint :) i have 2 pairs of wishbones (one pair of OE wishbones , and one pair of aftermarket TRW bones..) stuck inside my garage with bushes in perfect condition but with bad/knocking ball joints :)

Rgs !

Damir

christopher

I have a pair of wishbones from neat..3 years and still going strong..

pug_ham

I replaced the bushes on some aftermarket wishbones with an oe set just before having my suspension geometry set up properly & going on the PSOOC euro tour.

The difference between the old copy bushes I removed from the wishbones & the oe ones I are the build of the bushes.

OE ones are several metal rings with a thin layer of rubber between them & the aftermarket ones I cut out were the normal middle bush & rubber between the metal in the wishbone without the addition metal rings so much softer & weaker.

Once the new bushes were in & it all tracked up by a professional (not a kwik fit type monkey) the difference is amasing. :)

Graham.

Paintguy

Graham,

I'm sure I've heard before (from Henry I think) that it's cheaper to buy the 309 'kit', as you get a pair of bushes and the bolts for a reasonable price. Is that the case? Is that what you did? Do you have the part number handy?

Sorry for the 20 questions, but I think mine are due for replacing :)

Josh,

I've searched some old topics and have a good idea what you're on about, but some pics might make it a little clearer if you have some please.

Cheers guys,

Andy.

joey
I'm sure I've heard before (from Henry I think) that it's cheaper to buy the 309 'kit', as you get a pair of bushes and the bolts for a reasonable price. Is that the case? Is that what you did? Do you have the part number handy?

3599 07 peugeot full bush kit.

4 of nuts and bolts 17strling.

i think i got this from another wishbone thread lately. :)

pug_ham
Graham,

Andy,

I thought the 309 kit was no longer availble?

The 205 one is what I ordered iirc (3599.07).

Bushes & bolts for both wishbones, although mine was less than £17, iirc much nearer £15. I'll find out soon, I'm going to order another to replace the one I used.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this