• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Broken Door Lock.

Atari Boy

The driver’s door lock of my 205 has stopped working; the opening mechanism bit still works but not the all important locking bit.

I have got the inner panel off and had bit of a poke about. It seems that the end of the connecting rod from the back of the lock has come off. From what I can see there is a bit of plastic at the end of the rod and it looks broken. I have tried putting it back in place but it does not stay.

Has anyone had the same problem? I have tried to get the lock out but the retaining clip is so stiff.

Any ideas chaps?

Thanks

Jonny

Tommer

I had similiar with mine, on the back of the door lock are plastic "beaters" which connect to the rod of the locking mechanism, I bought new beaters from peugeot for something like £2, white one for the passenger side, grey one for the drivers, they have a lip that locks them onto the lock, when they come of you can't re-use them so make sure you only need to put them on once.

the retaining clip should just slide off towards the front of the car, use a large screwdriver to get some leveridge behind it if need be, I had to with mine.

I found when fitting the new beaters, it was easier to clip them onto the rod first then onto the lock (lock poking into door) then clipped in place with the retainer.

Tommer

Edited by Tommer

Atari Boy

Tommer, thank you so much. I will have a go.

Jonny

Atari Boy

Got the beater set today, £2.20 from Pug, 9170J3.

I will have a go over the weekend.

Tommer

Cool let me know how you get on.

Sign in to follow this