• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamP

Tu3s Build

AdamP

I'm going to be bubilding up a nice fast road/track TU3S engine and was wondering if theres any 'recommended reading' I could look out for?

Sandy

Some of the best information beyond the Haynes basic stuff is probably contained within the blogs etc on the forum!

swordfish210

Nice Simpsons quote there Jonny :) There are plenty of people on here who have built these engines before. I found the haynes manual to be quite useful, also one of my lecturers at college who has been building race engines for about 20 years....and having Sandy's mobile number helped as well :lol: On a serious note though, just lable everything and every bolt. I know it sounds stupid but when you come back to putting it back togeather it can be very easy to get confused. Oh and take loads of picturers for reference

AdamP

Thanks guys. Get ready for a lot of questions!

jaked

I'm thinking of doing a similar sort of thing if I can get my rallye sold. Got an XS lined up if I can shift the rallye, and been on the phone to a local machining company that seem to really know there stuff when it comes to pugs. Something really appealing about these engines, not sure what it is....

If I manage to go ahead with it, it would definately be useful to know someone that's doing a similiar thing!! Hope to hear more about your progress!!

Edited by jaked

Sign in to follow this