• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
colti

Boost Level?

colti

Hello guys.

My track day 2.0 turbo project will be ready for its 1st road test at the weekend. :angry:

I'm using a GBE boost control valve(similar to a bleed valve)for the moment.

What sort of boost level is the stock ecu mapped up to?

Most of you guys seem to be running 10psi.

tom_m

i'm running one (still in the XM it came in) at 0.8 bar with no ill effects so far (bar the occasional stored fault for over boosting)

Edited by tom_m

whizzer71

We've been running one at 1 bar continually it gets ragged to within an inch of its life at every opportunity and hasnt let go yet prob done over 6000 miles like it so far !

:)

James_R

as tom says 0.8 bar, have a RR print out of it running that, made 174BHP/200lbs which is very close to the limit of the injectors, adding more boost probably won't help much.

Headling

my one is at 0.8 bar, works fine so far! dont 250 miles in it.

as for 174 bhp, Whizzers 71s turbo car made 193bhp and 199 torque at 0.7 bar but depends on the rolling road i suppose?

James_R

Yeah esp when the injectors onlyflow to 180 Bhp :)

Crazy-legs!

Mine was making 186BHP on the rollers at 0.7 Bar BUT, That was slighty on the lean side of safe, and the injectors were pretty much maxed.

Marc

whizzer71
Yeah esp when the injectors onlyflow to 180 Bhp :)

Apparently so ?,the afr was if anything on the rich side,as for the RR it was done on its a Dastek 2wd/4wd setup that was only installed this year at god only knows what cost.

The guys that own it have had a fair few good low mileage std cars on it that make near what they are supposed to (Allowing for mass production variation) so one would assume its fairly accurate ?.

As for the car in question we are in the middle of installing the T28 & an Emerald Ecu at long last and then its off to Dave Walker to get it mapped,I assume his RR to be some where near accurate so we will see what it makes when the time comes ! :P .

I have seen other threads on the forum with similar figures (And higher) with std turbo, injectors more boost and the like so I guess its up for some debate ?.

We have plans for Santa Pod & a few track days this year so as always the proof of the pudding is in the eating !,anyone fancy a challenge ?

:)

Edited by whizzer71

colti

Nice one lads.

Headling

So if reading this right, can i put a different set of injectors to my std engine and whack the boost up to the max 1.1 bar before the ECU cuts in?

Whizzer 71 is using saab red injectors, what engine did these come off? are they a std fit? and will they work ok with standard engine set up?

James_R

Saab Reds are off Saab Turbo's mid 90's ones from memory.

There's always going to be some debate over power and RR accuracy, DW's rollers seem to have a weird interferance issue for a while now, but if every one uses the same stick then it's all relative at least.

As for competition, take t to top gear and let the stig drive a lap of yours and whoever, that's going to be the only way to test just the car not the car and driver end of the day.

And yes I'd happily hand my keys to the stig. :)

Headling

So will the saab injectors fit straight in? will i need to do anything else to the engine?

whizzer71
So if reading this right, can i put a different set of injectors to my std engine and whack the boost up to the max 1.1 bar before the ECU cuts in?

Whizzer 71 is using saab red injectors, what engine did these come off? are they a std fit? and will they work ok with standard engine set up?

No it will overfuel it ,we are going to be fitting them along with the T28 and the Emerald etc,only suitable when fitting a larger turbo etc.

whizzer71
As for competition, take t to top gear and let the stig drive a lap of yours and whoever, that's going to be the only way to test just the car not the car and driver end of the day.

And yes I'd happily hand my keys to the stig. :rolleyes:

Now that would make good TV for those among us that love 205's But Im not sure how it would appeal to the larger populous ?,But IF you can lign it up we'll be there ,I think the straight line approach would be best as that would allow for variations in suspension setup etc,I think it would be a little unfair otherwise ?

Would gladly challenge any one at The Pod too !,would be an interesting event to see loads of 205's decend on the place !

;)

James_R

A straight line? ;)

I don't own a 205 to drive it in a straightline, that's america :rolleyes:

I know lets line them up in the carpark at the ring and let Ms Smitt lap them for us there's a big straight there :lol:

whizzer71
A straight line? ;)

I don't own a 205 to drive it in a straightline, that's america :rolleyes:

I know lets line them up in the carpark at the ring and let Ms Smitt lap them for us there's a big straight there :lol:

Oh dont get me wrong I lurve corners Just didnt want to put you at a disadvantage ! :lol:

James_R

:):lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

not likely

Sign in to follow this