• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
floodys

Lb's Of Standard Spings?

floodys

i've got some non adjustable bilstein shocks on the gti and i have put standad springs on to give me standad ride height for use in the field, its quite bumpy and i want some stronger springs, can anyone let me know what sort of lb's springs i would need. cheers

welshpug

standard ones are about the 100lb mark, depending on which dampers you've gone for a figure of around 175 was mentioned for challenge cars IIRC.

floodys

cheers, also when i look on avo website aswell as lb's they have length of springs from 7" to 10" i think, is that when the springs are on the struts?

welshpug

no thats uncompressed,

I gather you have AVO height adjustable dampers then?

Merlin motorsport are good for springs.

floodys

no, they are bilstein non adjustable ones that were on car when i got it, just thought ant spring will fit?

Miles

You just need some std dia spring's by the sounds of it, Eibach's are the only option here, Or if they are coilover's the list is endless

Alan_M

Not just Eibach's, but there are also Skip Brown springs too. Very similar to Eibach's by all accounts but again lower the car by 30mm.

Peter Lloyd sell matching springs to the fixed platform Bilsteins, in gravel and tarmac specification. Not sure on the rating of them, but the gravel set may be exactly what you need.

luggy
Peter Lloyd sell matching springs to the fixed platform Bilsteins, in gravel and tarmac specification. Not sure on the rating of them, but the gravel set may be exactly what you need.

Peter Lloyd gravel spec are 160lbs standard height, tarmac are lowered at about 190lbs.

floodys

cheers for that guys, i'll have a look at some wbsites, a friend of mine suggested some 309 gti springs as they are harder and slighty higher?

Sign in to follow this