• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dan druff

Another Turbo Conversion

dan druff

hello

i have been a member of the forum for a little while but never posted before. so in short i have a 205 1.9 laser green

with an mi16 engine fitted which to tell the truth has worn out , so after some searching i have decided to go the turbo route

from an 406 sri.

engine ,gearbox ,harness,ecu and rads etc have already been purchased and engine has been removed from my 205

i have seen some of the conversions done already on this forum and find all or most have been done to a very high standard, hopefully mine will be of similar ilk,

i am gonna try and post some pictures in the next week or so ,and keep things up to date.

dan

Hardgraf

Be watching this. Are you planning on doing the work yourself?

Tom

craig f90
hello

i have been a member of the forum for a little while but never posted before. so in short i have a 205 1.9 laser green

with an mi16 engine fitted which to tell the truth has worn out , so after some searching i have decided to go the turbo route

from an 406 sri.

engine ,gearbox ,harness,ecu and rads etc have already been purchased and engine has been removed from my 205

i have seen some of the conversions done already on this forum and find all or most have been done to a very high standard, hopefully mine will be of similar ilk,

i am gonna try and post some pictures in the next week or so ,and keep things up to date.

dan

Yeah there are some awesome conversions on here. And equally awesome advice. Keep us posted & good luck with it.

dan druff

yes im going to be doing the conversion myself ,got to post some pictures which are still on my phone

my 205 has had a previous front end repair which has gone rotten around the inner wing area so i have obtained

another 1.6 gti shell which i can get a few parts off and also cut out the area i need from the inner wing.

also went to local scrappy and they had a 306 xsi ,so had a result getting the right top mount

so at the moment im going to source a clutch , having searched on the forum a diesel clutch seems the best option

or does anyone have any other options.

sonofsam

Dan, most of use a Valeo Mi16 clutch for this conversion.

I myself have one on my 2.0T and driven 10k road miles with no problems

as of yet, just make sure you buy genuine Valeo item.

Good luck with your conversion :)

welshpug

crikey! not see one gone like that before, I'd recommend going to Peugeot for the repair panels, circa £25 for the section you require I think, I really wouldn't weld in old metal.

dan druff

i know it is quite shocking the car has been front ended at some point ,the photo doesnt show how bad the repair is.

craig f90
Dan, most of use a Valeo Mi16 clutch for this conversion.

I myself have one on my 2.0T and driven 10k road miles with no problems

as of yet, just make sure you buy genuine Valeo item.

Good luck with your conversion :rolleyes:

Thats the exact clutch kit i used too. holding out very well at the moment. at least with having an mi before, you wont need to spend forever looking for a mi16 flywheel.

I aint seen a flitch that bad since i repaired a D reg diesel.

dan druff

hi just a quick update been on holiday and busy with work so not a lot done at moment should have some more photos up at weekend .

have purchased valeo clutch kit , new gearbox seals and paint and driveshafts overhauled hopefully for weekend

cheers

dan

dan druff

a few other photos

post-9463-1216059814_thumb.jpg

dan druff

mate helping out

post-9463-1216060025_thumb.jpg

dan druff

so far mi engine out, turbo engine on stand with head off

cylinder head had slight corrosion around head face so have had skimmed

all valves have been cleaned and ready to go back in

at the moment i am re-tapping all the threads on the engine ready to go back together

gearbox has been primed and painted as has engine block

gonna try and get rest of photos up this week ,progress is slow at moment but still on going

cheers

dan

dan druff

link to other photos is on page one ,

cheers

dan

Edited by dan druff

dan druff
hello

with an mi16 engine fitted . so after some searching i have decided to go the turbo route

from an 406 sri.

dan

gonna update very soon as engine bay now painted and engine all together.

Edited by dan druff

leon 1.9

tasty seats, are they out a different car or did you buy them just for the 205?

dan druff

THE RECAROS WERE IN THE CAR WHEN I GOT IT,MUST SAY VERY COMFORTABLE

leon 1.9

Do you work for Picador then?

Sign in to follow this