• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smokey

Rear Jack Mounts

smokey

Hiya guys

Been making progress with the CTI and have nearly sorted out all the rust :D

Last night i got under the car and sorted out any rust under the boot and where the petrol tank goes (removed it the other day)

Was wire brushing it all then i used Kurust, hammerite paint, hammerite underseal with waxol.

Anyway when i was under there i notice the rear jack mount on the drivers side was abit rusty so i bushed it, with it then disintergrating into dust :blush:

So i continued to clear away all the loose rust so i could treat what was left. Basically the square mount is no more and there is a small gap so i can see inside the sill.

I can easily plate the hole, but i was wondering can you buy jack mounts?

Think it might be easier if i had one to weld to the sill rather than just a plate.

Thanks

steve@cornwall
Hiya guys

Been making progress with the CTI and have nearly sorted out all the rust :D

Last night i got under the car and sorted out any rust under the boot and where the petrol tank goes (removed it the other day)

Was wire brushing it all then i used Kurust, hammerite paint, hammerite underseal with waxol.

Anyway when i was under there i notice the rear jack mount on the drivers side was abit rusty so i bushed it, with it then disintergrating into dust :wacko:

So i continued to clear away all the loose rust so i could treat what was left. Basically the square mount is no more and there is a small gap so i can see inside the sill.

I can easily plate the hole, but i was wondering can you buy jack mounts?

Think it might be easier if i had one to weld to the sill rather than just a plate.

Thanks

Don't know if there is a repair panel available, but the CTi jacking point is totally different to the roofed 205 - just for fun!!! I'd just plate it as I don't use the pug jack on the Cti anyway - I find it VERY unstable

Sign in to follow this