• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Garry

My Gti6 Plumbing

Alastairh

You are right Spiky.

The best experience i ever had of this was with my old 306 T16.

Fitted with a pair of SPA digital gauges in the air vents, but with the original temp and pressure gauges still wired up on the dash.

To cut a long story short, on full chat, the OEM gauges ran 1.5 bar less in oil pressure as did the highly respected SPA's.

I dunno about you, but to me, thats a BIG difference...

Al ;)

Edited by Alastairh

Spiky

thats 20-21 psi differnence, which is the difference between a working engine and a non working on.

my experience was again with SPA water temp

my normal gauge in my saff cossie was as below

red

n

o

r

m

blue

it sat at r at normal, the difference between r and o is 20degrees ;) thats shocking... ;)

Bakes100

I also have a Pug Performance attempt at a cooling system on mine, where they have done it in such a way that the thermostat is bypassed by the oil cooler.

Mine has the same distro block which i believe is off of a 306 Turbo Diesel, i may be proved wrong though.

What is the required diameter for the T?? as when sorting mine i dont want to get it apart and realise i dont have the right one.

Also, on mine i am using a 306 coolant cap which seems to work fine ;)

Garry

Thanks for the replies guys. I think the first thing to sort is the catch tank cap.

Plans are in progress to get this sorted, I will update my build thread with pics when I do them.

Bakes100: Is the 306 cap the same as the 205 one? do you know which model it came from?

Sign in to follow this