• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gti-si

Gti6 Fuel Rail Problem

gti-si

The 12v switched i've used is definatly live whilst cranking, its the same wire 2a used to run the 8v coil. If pretty sure the pump is running whilst crnaking, just I don't get a spark or fuel through the rail...and obviously the problem being the pump is running on. I'll unplug the ecu and see if it still primes

gti-si

Quick thought. If the ECU was locked, would it still prime or would I get nothing?

smighall

I'm pretty sure if it was locked you'd get nothing.

Try and get another CPS to try. As it won't spark if it can't see any RPM.

gti-si

Ok, cheers for that. I'll try another CPS tomorrow and relay. TBH, if it was locked, like you say, i'd probably get nothing...can't see how i'd get a prime if it was shagged.

I'm gonna see if I can find a pressure regulator at the scrappies...Pug want £60 for one!

gti-si

Right, little update...

I bought a new CPS and got a known good relay. Stuck them on...nothing. I checked the wiring again and again, all was correct.

Since I got paid and was a little flush, I decided to locate another ECU, so jonnie205 was able to get me one sent out and it arrived today. Out went the old ECU, in with the new....

It RUNS!!!!!!!!!! First turn of the key. Ticked over very fast, so after a quick look about found i'd forgot to bung a pipe going from the ICV (the little one on the front side of the TB). Starter her up again and she runs beatifully, nice solid idle

So cheers for all your suggestions and advice guys!!

jonnie205

result, well done mate

Alastairh

Nice one.

Great feeling when the first run isn't it? They start up straight away nicely :)

gti-si

I sh*t myself to be perfectly honest. Didn't really hold out high hopes and after one crank an allmighty roar (no exhaust) cracked out...Can't believe how quick they start up considering it musn't of been started for atleast 8 months.

All I need to do now is get the rev counter working, with the aid of one of Spiky's looms

oli-pug

That's great news chap! :)

Now somebody please please come and help with my wiring! I don't know where to start lol

gti-si
That's great news chap! :)

Now somebody please please come and help with my wiring! I don't know where to start lol

Lol, drop me a PM mate, i'll sort you out

Sign in to follow this