• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ANDYMISIXTEEN

205 Mi16 On Carbs Wiring Help

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Ive been trying to get my head round what i need to do with the engine loom on my 205 Mi16. I have a redtop fuel pump and an Omex rev limiter. Do i need to attach the fuel pump and rev limiter to the coil+ giving me a switched live? Whats the best way to add these wire to the loom? I also need to connect the Omex rl to the coil-. How do i find the wire for the rev counter? Do i cut this and join it to the coil-?

Coil wiring

S7003037.jpg

Ign amp

S7003036.jpg

Brown Multiplug

S7003035.jpg

woodsy

when i wired in my fuel pump i used the spare wire coming of coil which had a spade connector on it, and is also switched live which was handy.Also put fuse inline too, thats way paul at SBC told me how they did it.I using rev limiter roo but cant remember which wire had to join into although it was on the coil though.

ANDYMISIXTEEN

I Hate wiring its doin my head in lol. Ill add the fuel pump wire there and put a fuse inline. What other wiring needs to be done? Will the rev counter work or does it need rewiring to work? Is the guide on the main page for a phase 1 loom and coil? :ph34r:

woodsy

rev counter should work anyway mate, i just cut out the wiring for injectors,throttle switch,ecu temp,airflow,sad etc. I spliced into one of the coil wires when fitted my rev limiter but cant remember which one now, will look in work tomorrow if that helps.

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Yer nice one.

I found this pic

wiringupcarbs.jpg

How do i wire up a relay with a switched live? The wire it says to earth in the pic does that come from the igniton amp, do i cut it and earth. Do i just need to do that to make it turn over and thats it with the wiring?

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Anyone? What wiring HAS to be done to make the car turn over on the starter? I cant even get it to do that atm :)

woodsy

Has the car been running before and then u decided to put carbs on or are you starting from scratch with this engine.Just curious as the starter wiring section doesnt need to be removed at all so should work regardless mate.Check all connections etc and maybe get a test lamp and see if your getting power to the starter solenoid when cranking.

ANDYMISIXTEEN

Ive just put the engine into the car, i had it in another project car and it did turn over in that. Ill put a multi meter to it and see if theres power.

Sign in to follow this