• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pete1986

A Cheeky Little Mod...

pete1986

...Renault 19 window switches :blink:

post-9108-1210421936.jpg

Allows window to fully close/open with one button press. Ideal if your lazy like me!! Pins are exactly the same, you just have to cut a bit of plastic off for them to fit.

Im starting to wonder if theres actually a single 205 made of 100% 205 parts :rolleyes:

djinuk

mine allows me to do them fully up with one press anyway , using standard buttons

engine killer

do you need a special ecu to control the one touch function like what 306 has?

yeti-dj

Just use the window switches from a 405 which look same as 205 but a tiny bit smaller and the module from inside the drivers door to control the fully up or down thing, an easy fit and you also get switches that light up in the dark, nice..

James_m
mine allows me to do them fully up with one press anyway , using standard buttons

How's that? :wacko:

yorkshirekowboy
...Renault 19 window switches B)

post-9108-1210421936.jpg

Allows window to fully close/open with one button press. Ideal if your lazy like me!! Pins are exactly the same, you just have to cut a bit of plastic off for them to fit.

Im starting to wonder if theres actually a single 205 made of 100% 205 parts :D

what..... thats ace, so if i get someof them buttons for my windows, it would make mine go up with one click... or would i need a ecu, if so whats the ecu look like for the window system?

pete1986

No need to change any wiring or ecu, a straight swap. As i mentioned above, there is just a bit of plastic on the back of the R19 switches surrounding the pins to cut off. Simple as that :ph34r:

yorkshirekowboy
No need to change any wiring or ecu, a straight swap. As i mentioned above, there is just a bit of plastic on the back of the R19 switches surrounding the pins to cut off. Simple as that :D

so no ecu is needed? juts them switches and there you go? plus do they light up?

if so thats sweet

Edited by surferkid205

yorkshirekowboy
so no ecu is needed? juts them switches and there you go? plus do they light up?

if so thats sweet

can anyone confirm my above post, as i have a set ready to buy... :D

pete1986
No need to change any wiring or ecu, a straight swap. As i mentioned above, there is just a bit of plastic on the back of the R19 switches surrounding the pins to cut off. Simple as that :rolleyes:

djinuk

to be honest i dont know why mine do it, always have done since i got the car, it has total enclosure alarm , maybe somthing to do with that

boldy205

my standard ones open/close with one press. just got to hold your finger on the switch for a bit longer!!!

yorkshirekowboy
my standard ones open/close with one press. just got to hold your finger on the switch for a bit longer!!!

hahahahaha ace!!!!

GLPoomobile

It had to be said sooner or later :)

I don't get how these Renault ones work with no extra control module? How come Peugeot and Citroen one touch switches need a separate control unit, which in the case of the older ones (BX for example) is bloody bulky (!), yet these Renault ones, which are not even modern, manage to have the same functionality without any extra control unit or wiring? Something just doesn't seem right here :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling the OP a liar or a bit stupid B) but I just don't get how it works and would like an explanation.

number2301

Some form of two stage switch? It couldn't be that hard to make a switch like that could it?

tagy

I am also surprised these are so neat compared to peugeot's version?

I have the Peugeot ones in my car, big bulky box, with relays and chips. I just wonder if they work as well.. will they stop if something is in the way? or a they just on a timer?

C_W

They use trip/relay switches to cut the motor I think so when it goes all the way up or all the way down the motor trips and doesn't try and move it more. It is strange that just changing a switch can create one-touch down/up.

Sign in to follow this