• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timb1046

Round Driving/fog Lights

timb1046

i want to start doing some night stage road rallies and so im after some decent lights for the grill that wont look too silly, I had a look at some ring ones earlyer but im not sure what size to get, has anyone fitted any and has pictures + the diameter of the light?

Tim

sutol

Might need to alter the bonnet a bit to get these in but they are BRIGHT :rolleyes:

post-9302-1210428231.jpg

Jrod
post-8046-1210435265_thumb.jpg

Goliath

I have these in my garage spare if your interested, they wok fine and are nice and bright!

bonnet.jpg

timb1046

after much deliberation i got some ring ones for £10 in a box off a guy my mate knows which i was rather pleased with as hellfrauds are trying to get £50 odd for them, cheers for the offer goliath, i think i got the same ones, if i hadnt been able to get them so cheap i would have had yours.

cheers for the help

Tim

timb1046

thought i'd show you what they turned out like :)

n1622520002_8781_6556.jpg

they are central just the angle of photo makes them look a bit out.

All Praise The GTI

that cars too clean to rally! :)

IntenseDan

Kewl!

You put em on a seerate switch or in the full beam circuit?

Dan

Jrod

Are you planning on road rallys? If so you will have to ditch the lower lights as you are only allowed 4 forward facing beams.

timb1046

yeah road rallys, im not worried about ditching the lowers, the new grill ones are soo much better! the lower ones tend to pick up knocks pretty easily too, this is the second set in about 9 months due to damage. ive got the lights wired so they come on with the main beam but i have a switch enabling me to have them so they dont come on at all.

Anton green

Dont know if this would interest you, but perhaps fit side-lights in to the lower valence lights? If sidelights aren't classed as a 'beam' that is anyway

Casanova

Car looks excellent, very clean. Just as an aside, my spares car is (was) H696 YYE :)

Where have you mounted your lights, Timmy? Crossmember, bumper or elsewhere? How steady are they? I have a similar set I was planning to fit at some point.

§

Edited by Casanova

Goliath

If they have the same mounting as mine then they're mounted through a bolt in the bumper.....

Edited by Goliath

timb1046

i fitted them through the bumper which is very sturdy, the only problem i had was with the angle of them as they have several "clicks" of adjustment. however, there is no "click" that is just right so i stuck a small rubber strip under the front side of the mounting bracket lifting it to vertical (which the bumper is not) so now i have perfect allignment. ;)

Jrod

Can you not just adjust them on the actual light?

Are you using any steadys? they must vibrate loads if not.

timb1046

i dont think i can adjust them on the light, i'll have a look though and see.

what are steadys?

they dont seem to vibrate at all though,

Tim

Sign in to follow this