• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
richystran

Will An Mi16 Head Fit A 405 Sri Block

richystran

Just wondering if a mi16 head would fit without much problems to a 1993 steel block 405 sri bottom end. i have had a look and they are pritty much similar.

Any advice or comment greatly appriciated.

Cheers

RICHY

Sandy

No valve cut outs, not sure if the block has the extra cambelt tensioner drilling or not.

richystran

So with no valve cut outs will that mean the head wont run on the sri bottom end are wil it make any differance, i will need two look at the block two see if there is a hole foe the tensioner.

Sandy

You need the cutouts for adequate valve to piston clearance.

Miles

I'm sure the blocks have the drilling's for all the cambelt parts, I know the 8v turbo block does

richystran

Yea i was wrking on the engine the day and it has a hole for the tensioner but will have to chance the pully on the crank shaft to fit the mi16 timing belt, yea

i will have to pull the pistons out of the block and get the indents put in them for the valves clearns, are do you's think it will wrk with out them in im not sure myself. The head fits perfect and the oil galerys line up and so doesal the water but 3 wee ones but they wont matter.

Miles are any one do you no wat the best gear box combo is two run in track and hill cliams.

thanks

richystran

Hay there al, i got the pistons took out there yesterday and getting them sorted to get sent to a mate 2 get a small bits took out

of them for the valve just to be sure they dnt hit, the heads way to get prisure tested and skimed got the new valve for it to, i was thinking of getting the

bottom end balanced is it worth wile, do you balance it with conro an pistons on it. i need al the help i cn get to help thought this engine build.

Thanxs Richy

ashills
Hay there al, i got the pistons took out there yesterday and getting them sorted to get sent to a mate 2 get a small bits took out

of them for the valve just to be sure they dnt hit, the heads way to get prisure tested and skimed got the new valve for it to, i was thinking of getting the

bottom end balanced is it worth wile, do you balance it with conro an pistons on it. i need al the help i cn get to help thought this engine build.

Thanxs Richy

best bet is give the machine shop the hole bottom end to check the block is ok aswell,

then they can also balance the crank rods and pistons and ideally flywheel and clutch, then its a case of getting right bearings etc and bolting it all back together.

Personally ive always left that to engine builders but may have a crack myself next time but you want a very very clean place to put it altogether if your gonna have a crack yourself

Edited by ashills

richystran
best bet is give the machine shop the hole bottom end to check the block is ok aswell,

then they can also balance the crank rods and pistons and ideally flywheel and clutch, then its a case of getting right bearings etc and bolting it all back together.

Personally ive always left that to engine builders but may have a crack myself next time but you want a very very clean place to put it altogether if your gonna have a crack yourself

thanx mate i think the best way is to send to the ones who no wat tnere at, i have the 4 con rods out of the block and getting pace's took out of the pistons for the valve so they dnt hit think it should work ok the chamber in each head are the same so that bit is fit but nt 100% sure its al going to cum together but hoping it will.

thanxs

Sign in to follow this