• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Anton green

Is The Garrett T28 A Straight Fit To The Xu10 Turbo Engine?

Anton green

Is the Garrett T28 a straight fit to the XU10 turbo engine where the T25 resides, or are alterations needed?

obviously mapping etc will be required, but mechanically is it a goer?

Edited by Anton green

welshpug

only with a suitable manifold, they wont fit the peugeot manifold as its not a standard pattern.

Anton green

OK cheers

turbo and manifold it is then.

cybernck

btw, 205parts.com can make you one of their turbo manifolds with any turbo flange you wish :rolleyes:.

Anton green

Thanks cyber.

I have been attempting to contact 205parts for a while but never got a response. Just done so again through their ebay store, which is empty with no items, to see if they answer those emails. Thanks for the nudge though

sonofsam
btw, 205parts.com can make you one of their turbo manifolds with any turbo flange you wish :rolleyes:.

Really? Are you sure on that Nik? :ph34r:

cybernck

Anton_green> hmm i don't think they will, especially as Paul is away at PSOOC trip at the moment.

wait until he comes back and try sending him a PM or texting him on his phone.

sonofsam> well, i primarily meant the Garrett range, but others should be possible too :D.

Our cast manifolds are better flowing and more crack-resistant than any other manifold on the market, built especially for us from high quality grade material.

Suitable for Peugeot XU 8v engines (namely 205 GTI but also other cars that share engines of XU architecture) and with flanges to suit your turbo, but the one most commonly used is Garrett T25 or T3.

hope this helps.

sonofsam

Cheers Nik, but I've seen that 'ad already.

Just interested as to wheather He has more manifolds to cast with a T3 flange, as the ones being sold currently are T2.

plus I have one of their manifolds I may mod to take a T3, so if T3 ones are defiantely available I would be interested to hear for sure, no rush though!

>Anton, you've also got to consider getting a T28 infront of the bulkhead, depends what A/R you go for I guess?!

Anton green

A/R? [/dumb]

sonofsam
A/R

A/R describes a geometric characteristic of all compressor and turbine housings. It is defined as the inlet cross-sectional area divided by the radius from the turbo centerline to the centroid of that area.

* Compressor A/R - Compressor performance is largely insensitive to changes in A/R, but generally larger A/R housings are used to optimize the performance for low boost applications, and smaller housings are used for high boost applications. Usually there are not A/R options available for compressor housings.

* Turbine A/R - Turbine performance is greatly affected by changing the A/R of the housing. Turbine A/R is used to adjust the flow capacity of the turbine. Using a smaller A/R will increase the exhaust gas velocity into the turbine wheel, causing the wheel to spin faster at lower engine RPMs giving a quicker boost rise. This will also tend to increase exhaust backpressure and reduce the max power at high RPM. Conversely, using a larger A/R will lower exhaust gas velocity, and delay boost rise, but the lower backpressure will give better high RPM power. When deciding between A/R options, be realistic with the intended vehicle use and use the A/R to bias the performance toward the desired powerband.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarre...r/acronyms.html

Anton green

:D

I will be using standard parts as much as possible, the rest I will decide about at the time, but that'll no doubt come in handy to know and take into consideration when building it up.

Edited by Anton green

Sam

GT2876R (GT2540) probably wouldn't fit but GT2871R would (space wise I mean).

Sign in to follow this