• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
milk_churn

309 Beam On Your 205 Pics?

Anthony
How much negative camber will ZX arms give, and from what type of ZX should i find the arms?

1.2 degrees (compared to 0.5 degrees on a 205/309 beam), and all ZX's have the same rear arm geometry - Volcane and 16v models have rear disk brakes, whereas all other models have rear drums

hodgy

n894490573_2632924_5731.jpg

its the best mod ive done fitting a 309 beam, plus mine has group A solid mounts

rex

Here's mine with 16mm added extra. (note the dust :D )

Anybody got photo's with the GTi6 trailing arms on a 309 subframe? I've got GTi6 a subframe here in stock, but I've been told they look wierd on a 205 due to the extra length??

Regards, Rex

post-8637-1211370376_thumb.jpg

Edited by rex

Guest Steen-S 309 GTI 16
1.2 degrees (compared to 0.5 degrees on a 205/309 beam), and all ZX's have the same rear arm geometry - Volcane and 16v models have rear disk brakes, whereas all other models have rear drums

Thanks for info. I already have found a used ZX 1,8 16V rear beam, so now I have the parts to build the ultimate 309 beam for my 205 GTI 2,4 Mi16

The build of the car is not started, but all parts collected.

Edited by Steen-S 309 GTI 16

Kennyb

so whats the difference in width between the 309 beam and 205beam?

BTM NL

This is mine Pug 205 with 309 GTi rearbeam:

Foto-ISMGQNFB.jpg

Foto-VJAU6LES.jpg

andychalmers

Has anybody used a 309 rear beam on a 205 rally car?

I need full suspension travel, so by looking at the pics this might not be possible.

Also does anyone know the lengths of 205 & 309 torsion bars? as have a few in my garage and not sure what there off.

Edited by andychalmers

Guest Steen-S 309 GTI 16
Also does anyone know the lengths of 205 & 309 torsion bars? as have a few in my garage and not sure what there off.

The 309 torsion bar is 1029mm. The 309 ARB is 1130mm.

S13Nick

completly changes the look of the back of the car, i love it

th_19062008106.jpg

tombo

some of the pics look good, but...... what about actual handling aspects does it honestly make a noticable difference?

pug_ham
so whats the difference in width between the 309 beam and 205beam?

50mm in width & 1mm thicker torsion & antiroll bars as standard on the 309 beam compared to the 205 beam.

I've driven the same car with both the 205 & 309 front wishbones & beams on (with & without ZX arms). My car currently has all 205 wishbones & beam again now with BBM group A mounts, 20mm tb's & a 24mm arb. I prefer this to the 309 beam which had the same sized bars that was fitted previously.

Overall grip & turn in feels better, even more planted than it did with the 309 bits on. B)

Once I've built my next trackday car I'll get the suspension geometry set up properly again like I did when fitting the 205 stuff back onto my car this time but I won't really be able to give a true comparison because it'll be a lot more modified with eccentric top mounts etc so much more adjustable to begin with.

Graham.

SurGie

Hi sorry to but in but i have a ZX haynes manual and in the suspension section it

says the rear beam has only -1 degrees of camber and the 309 16 v goodwood 1 has over -1.2 negative camber.

taylorspug

The book on the ZX arms says 1 degree alot of the time, but when you actually get them on the car they come up around 1.2 degrees. Also 309 16v arms have alot of toe in aswell which IMO isnt desireable, especially with a 309 beam, as it dulls the turn in and generally makes the car understeer.

SurGie
The book on the ZX arms says 1 degree alot of the time, but when you actually get them on the car they come up around 1.2 degrees. Also 309 16v arms have alot of toe in aswell which IMO isnt desireable, especially with a 309 beam, as it dulls the turn in and generally makes the car understeer.

Ok cool, so iv got the right set up then.

what do you mean by IMO??

Do you by any chance know if i put ZX arms on a 205 beam make it much better at cornering in an out.

Thanks

Baz
Ok cool, so iv got the right set up then.

what do you mean by IMO??

Do you by any chance know if i put ZX arms on a 205 beam make it much better at cornering in an out.

Thanks

In My Opinion.

Do a search please, it's all been covered before. Some in this thread.

taylorspug

Yes as Baz has said try a search, the ZX arms on 205 beam came up specifically in a thread not that long ago.

SurGie
Yes as Baz has said try a search, the ZX arms on 205 beam came up specifically in a thread not that long ago.

Ok thanks will do

Sign in to follow this