• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Lean Mean Peugeot Steak Frying Machine

Dj_mini

My mi does this aswell you can see all the marks from my shoes melting on the tunnel! Let us know how it goes as its some thing i may have todo.

Tom Fenton

Why not wrap the exhaust instead?

wardy18

i had considered heat wrapping the exhaust but im hearin such bad reports lately about wrapping i think ill just go with the heat shield matting

James_R

I've just stripped the cull heat sheilding off a Gti-6 which I'm going to try and fit to the shell, as the panel and air gap should offer as good cooling and be lighter than the roll of matt.

Not just the 8v in my car did it the 3 previous 16v engine's made the exhaust tunnel it's own heating system, very good for warming through sausage rolls at 80 on the motorway though :) must admit!

wardy18

unbeleivable i ordered the mattin yesterday and its here today, not sure when ill get to fit it but it looks good

i am very tempted to actually make from a sheet of alloy and tunnel skin which i can bolt to the underside of the tunnel but space it off say 5mm to a 10mm then fit the matting to this, so would as a standard heat shield but with matting on!!

James_R

sounds heavy :)

Could put the matting on then flat bottom the exhaust tunnel for better aero on the car ;)

wardy18

yeh but i think that'l make my problem even worse by holding in even more heat, ive got a massive undertray from the front splitter all the way under the engine for that very purpose :) looks great and the whole rear section has undertrays too, if i ever roll it it would look great from underneath lol (not that thats gonna ever happen (touch wood))

welshpug

How far back does your front undertray go? all the hot air from the manifold normally travels down and under the car past the manifold, block this path and it'll get very hot very quickly.

wardy18

its bolt onto the subframe, doesnt go any further back than this

Sign in to follow this