• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mwilcock

Turbo Engine Xu10 J2te

mwilcock

i think ive timed it wrong :)

where the hell do i get a 1.9 8v pulley lol

kyepan

post in wanted.

also did not see anyone mention the initial problem might be a duff ignition amplifier playing up under load / on boost.

Did you manage to check the plug gap?

also get a boost gauge and plumb it in (takes 10 mins) as you may still have a leak.

keep at it, you'll get there.

Edited by kyepan

TT205

Once you are timed up, I really would try swapping the TPS wiring round - it won't damage the engine and it will rule this out

inferno

compression test looks good now at least... hopefully nothing major now.

when you swapped the injectors it didnt run properly? check connections are all good, to have them cleaned proffessionally would cost around £10-15 per injector and ive used Steve Biggs before with good results, he advertises on ebay

ITEM 150244887185

and also does diagnostic work etc.

Can you check the fuel pressure at all? A new timing belt with white lines would be a good way to double check its timed, but your local mechanic should of been able to confirm that.

Your around 100 miles from me, as a last resort i could arrange something in a few weeks time but im busy with moving and changing jobs right now.

Edited by inferno

mwilcock

The beast runs again :D

timing was out DOH!!

runs better without the tps plugged in ???

going to give her a run i think maybe tonight but probably tommorow

what should the spark plug gaps be set too? they're ngk plugs i always thought they were good uns

sonofsam

:D Nice one mate, good perserverance everyone :D

Stock boost is set at 0.65bar btw (btw= by the way;)

mwilcock

ok another problem

the first 10-15seconds of running it will rev up

after that when i rev it, it just dies and wont rev ???

plugs are black and sooty..

:D

inferno

Hmmm ok... heres a thought... wire in the diagnostic socket, if you havent already, or it may even be un touched on the loom still, and get a fault code reader on it, not a diy LED one unless u have to, as u may find a list of fault codes causing it to limp home mode.

mwilcock

my mate has a proper fault code reader computer type thingy but i dont know what pins the diagnostic port is, i only have the engine loom and diagnostic ports are normally inside the car on the car loom

taylorspug

If you get the pin data of the ECU plug you should be able to pin out the correct wires for the diagnostic plug from there.

mwilcock

ive tried doing that with the wiring diagram from pug fans club using the pug 605 diagram but i cannot locate no "diagnostics plug"

mwilcock

these are the only 2 plugs i have left, both are right next to the ecu

both have a brown and green wire to them

is any of these the diagnostics plug?

DSC00605.jpg

Edited by mwilcock

mwilcock

those cables look green and yellow mine arent

ive tried a bulb on it but it wont work, its only getting 10v? shouldnt it be 12v?

mwilcock

right ive just payed 20quid for someone to plug it in

errors as follow:

purge canister solenoid valve

throttle position sensor

boost control solenoid

mixture control

idling = rich

high revs = lean

what other car has this tps? or is it a standard unit fitted to most 2.0 8v petrol citroens and pugs?

mwilcock

my bleed valve thing came today too

and guess what, only 2 pipes off my boost control solenoid, 1 from the actuator and 1 from the boost pipe

looked under car and theres like a little spout comming off the turbo, so i screwed a nipple in, put a piece of pipe off of it and then connected up my bleed valve and its still f***ing backfiring and wont rev

grrr

whizzer71
ok another problem

the first 10-15seconds of running it will rev up

after that when i rev it, it just dies and wont rev ???

plugs are black and sooty..

:(

Try another coolant temp switch (The one in the back of the coolant/Stat housing with injector style plug on it) and also TDC sensor had a Lancia like this years ago and that was the TDC sensor and it was suffering symptoms as you are describing

Are your Purge valve and AMAL valves connected ?,These plug into two plugs near the ECU

I think the TPS Is the same as a GTi6 one ,Also may be the same as 2.0ltr N/A Xantia but I couldnt be 100% on that but theres plenty of those in the scrappys !

:)

Edited by whizzer71

mwilcock

what are Purge valve and AMAL valves ?

i will try another tdc sensor and coolant temp sensor, its worth a try

i will also buy another tps too

i drove the car today jesus its quick, after its got through the "i doint want to rev stages" and cutting out at nearly every junction.

torque steer is mad it pulls everywhere

but then i managed to blow something up, theres oil all over the drives side of the engine and bonnet and running down the front of the engine,

i think , well im hoping its an oil feed to the turbo but its going on the ramp on monday so hopefully alls good

thanks to everyone who helped, its appreciated a lot and i couldnt of got there without it

theres still a long way to go though and i wil carry on posting lol :)

mike

Sign in to follow this