• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jesper Cronelid

Where To Place My Oilcooler.

Jesper Cronelid

Hello. Ive bought a Installation kit to a oilcooler from Rallydesign.co.uk

OIL_COOLER_INSTALLATION_KITS.jpg

I was about to install it on my 205 mi16 yesterday, but wasnt able to make out where they want me to place the cooler. (It's the fairly short hoses that make up the rules)

Anyone done this?

Thanks, Jesper

Edited by Jesper Cronelid

Doof

Can you just go under the rad and stick it in the front valence on the left side somewhere? Theres gotta be enough room...

chownr

Ive mounted mine in font of the rad and ran the pipes under the rad as suggested. Ive also tried it behond the rad but oil cooling is slightly compromised in this position.

Havent used this type of kit but got my hoses made up at local hydraulic hose place. If they arent long enough Id speak to Rally Design and ask tem if they will refund you or send you some longer hoses.

Rich

pee vee

mounted mine below the radiator, right in the middle of the bumper. mine is a mocal 10 row.

seems to get enough air flow under the bumper, and thru the vents below the number plate

as temps on track got to 110 deg Max.. so Ideal temp.

can just about see it here

nobox.jpg

P030508_154901.jpg

if it starts getting hot in the summer, then i can just make a tidy looking oval shape hole in the bumper,

and finish the edges to make it look nice. and get alot more air flow.

Jesper Cronelid

Thanks for all help.

If I mount the cooler in front of the radiator I must install the hoses over the water-radiator? I Must get the connections to point up, so I don't get airlocks in the oilradiator?

Swazy
Thanks for all help.

If I mount the cooler in front of the radiator I must install the hoses over the water-radiator? I Must get the connections to point up, so I don't get airlocks in the oilradiator?

I did it like this:

0000109ka3.th.jpg

Sign in to follow this