• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
allanallen

Little Help With My Dta

allanallen

hi all, just after a bit of help checking that the stuff ive got to use with my e48 is correct and what else i'll need, right heres what ive got and where they're from;

air temp sensor, rover k series (green in colour)

water temp sensor, 1.9 mi16

coil pack,vauxhall 2.0 16v ecotech

throtlle pos sensor, volvo (magnetti marelli)

tdc sensor, peugeot

i still need a map sensor, does anyone have any suggestions where to get a suitable one. the car will be running 0.5bar of boost max.

Also does it matter where i position the air temp sensor and the map sensor on the manifold?

sorry for the simpleton questions <_< , cheers al

Sandy
hi all, just after a bit of help checking that the stuff ive got to use with my e48 is correct and what else i'll need, right heres what ive got and where they're from;

air temp sensor, rover k series (green in colour)

water temp sensor, 1.9 mi16

coil pack,vauxhall 2.0 16v ecotech

throtlle pos sensor, volvo (magnetti marelli)

tdc sensor, peugeot

i still need a map sensor, does anyone have any suggestions where to get a suitable one. the car will be running 0.5bar of boost max.

Also does it matter where i position the air temp sensor and the map sensor on the manifold?

sorry for the simpleton questions <_< , cheers al

Most multipoint S1 106s have a 100KPa (1 bar) MAP sensors on a separate pipe. Should be ideal.

allanallen
Most multipoint S1 106s have a 100KPa (1 bar) MAP sensors on a separate pipe. Should be ideal.

ahh, Ive got a scrap 106 xsi at home so that should be easy.

forgot to mention i have a lambda from a zetec mondeo (4 wire)

Sandy, do you know if all my other stuff is compatable?

cheers al

Super Josh

Surely if you are running 0.5 Bar of boost, you're going to need at least a 1.5 Bar MAP sensor?

Josh

welshpug
Surely if you are running 0.5 Bar of boost, you're going to need at least a 1.5 Bar MAP sensor?

Josh

no, as an N/A engine is always running negative pressure, with boost it'll be positive.

Mad Professor

From how I understand map sensors is that 100kpa = 1bar = 1 Atmosphere.

So 0kpa is a perfect Vacuum, <100kpa is a Vacuum, 100kpa is Atmosphere, and >100kpa is possitive pressure.

100kpa is the reading at sea level, and can move from 95kpa to 105kpa depending on the weather.

Most N/A cars that I have worked on with MAP sensors, are norm 100kpa, 105kpa, 110kpa.

Edited by Mad Professor

pee vee

yes you will need at least a 1.5bar map sensor as i understand

(1 bar is atmospheric pressure, and then the 0.5 bar you want to run on top of that)

only one i could say is standard sierra cosworth have 2 bar map sensor, esc cos has 2.5.

they are webber marelli ones. so are good quality. they are cheap and easy to get.

Super Josh
no, as an N/A engine is always running negative pressure, with boost it'll be positive.

My understanding is that a 1 Bar MAP sensor will only read atmospheric pressure. So to measure a boosted (positive pressure above atmospheric) application, 0.5 Bar in this case, you need to add that to the equation. So I still stand by my original statement that you'll need at least a 1.5 Bar MAP sensor in this application.

Josh

cybernck

^ that's correct.

allanallen

right oh, I've managed to get a cosworth 3 bar map sensor but i now need a suitable plug for it. So does anyone know where i can get a suitable connector/plug from?

allanallen
Simtekuk.co.uk (forum discount :)) or Vehicle wiring products.

Graham.

cheers graham, not sure exactly which connector it is on the simtek website but i'll give them a ring tommorow and hopefully they can sort me out.

Sign in to follow this