• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gerlewislewis

Removing Headlights

gerlewislewis

Im going to change my trim over, but Ive heard you have to undo some screws which the headlights cover. How do I get 'em out?

Also to get the front bumper off Ive heard you gotta get the arch trim off. Is the best way to get the arch trim off to remove the wheel then tap the trim out from the back?

Ger

tom_m
Im going to change my trim over, but Ive heard you have to undo some screws which the headlights cover. How do I get 'em out?

Also to get the front bumper off Ive heard you gotta get the arch trim off. Is the best way to get the arch trim off to remove the wheel then tap the trim out from the back?

Ger

it can make things easier to remove the headlights yes. if you look down on the headlight mounts you'll see a piece of wire clip with a loop on the end. i find it easiest to hook it with a screw driver and lift it up and back then pull the head light up and forward and it should pop out. do the inboard clip first and then outboard.

to refit just push them into place and the clips should click back into place (cos they're springs)

the arch trim is clipped to the front bumper so you have to remove at least a couple of clips to get it off. they are the silly press on split washer type jobbies, i use a screwdriver and a pair of pliers to remove them.

steve@cornwall

Before removing headlights, get a small tube of clear silicone (to re-attach the indicator lens when the headlight pops it off!)

Stu

Be very careful with the little plastic arms that pop onto the adjuster too, ive lost count of the amount of them ive broken in the past!

GLPoomobile
Before removing headlights, get a small tube of clear silicone (to re-attach the indicator lens when the headlight pops it off!)

Be very careful with the little plastic arms that pop onto the adjuster too, ive lost count of the amount of them ive broken in the past!

You pair of fat fingered mongs! :lol::):wacko:

steve@cornwall
You pair of fat fingered mongs! :lol::):wacko:

Not fat, I'm just a couple of digits short of a set B) B)

tom_m
You pair of fat fingered mongs! :):(;)

seconded! :lol: i've not broken anything yet using my method :D

Project205

Is there clear silicone between the headlight and indicators as standard or was this a recomendation? I have just fitted new headlights and indicators.

Thanks

Edited by Project205

GLPoomobile

Actually in the gap between the headlight unit and indicator unit? No, there shouldn't be (and if I'm wrong, then WTF were Pug doing? :wacko: ). I can't see any possible benefit or reason for having silicone between them.

Arahan
Is there clear silicone between the headlight and indicators as standard or was this a recomendation? I have just fitted new headlights and indicators.

Thanks

What makes you think that?

Edited by Arahan

steve@cornwall

Just to glue the indicator lens back on !!!! Thin bead around the indicator lens where the glue was originally. ( If you are a fat fingered Mong, too) :wacko::lol:

Sign in to follow this