• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cazzy93

Air Filter

cazzy93

i have a xs engine in my 205xe shell and do not have the standard air filter box or pipes, at the moment i am running a bit of foam cable tied over the carb, i did have a piper cross foam filter that screwed onto the top of the carb with a jubliee clip but this fell apart, what sort of filter could i use i also have a strutbrace that is close to the top of the carb so this will restrict what type of air filter i can use. can you still buy the red piperx foam air filters or not??

cheers

RyszW
i have a xs engine in my 205xe shell and do not have the standard air filter box or pipes, at the moment i am running a bit of foam cable tied over the carb, i did have a piper cross foam filter that screwed onto the top of the carb with a jubliee clip but this fell apart, what sort of filter could i use i also have a strutbrace that is close to the top of the carb so this will restrict what type of air filter i can use. can you still buy the red piperx foam air filters or not??

cheers

Would it be worth fabbing your own intake 'tube' and bolt on a cone filter to the end of it if space is at a premium as you could then route the filter to a convenient part of the engine bay and ghetto drainpipe tube would do the job I would imagine as long as you route it away from the exhaust headers!

Rysz.

Sign in to follow this