• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
macaroni

"classic" Front Number Plate.

johnnyboy666

ive got some of the french style pressed plates, which even have 'fr' on the ends and ive been driving round with them for a year and havent been pulled once! i only take them off for the mot. i think it just depends how dodgey you look when driving, or how bored the police are in your area, as i also havent bothered sticking the tax disc back onto the window when it fell off aaaages ago, (its in the glovebox) and nobodys noticed yet! (and yes i am a bit daft)

Foltan

I think whether or not you have trouble with the police varies alot depending on where you live. The police in my area of east anglia don't seem to care about stylised numberplates at all, as long as they're not the rediculously illegable script ones. Those people living oop noorf seem to get alot more hassle though :mellow:

Atari Boy
I think whether or not you have trouble with the police varies alot depending on where you live. The police in my area of east anglia don't seem to care about stylised numberplates at all, as long as they're not the rediculously illegable script ones. Those people living oop noorf seem to get alot more hassle though :mellow:

Don’t be so sure, a mate got busted in Bury last week for having the wrong spacing.

BERTMAN

i like the old stlye plates, needs a red stripe though!! im going for french stlye plates on mine

Rom

Theres a few cars near me with black and silver plates. Just the cheap normal ones, not pressed. Both are bog standard cars. A C2 and a 106 . Both also have odd plates, just numbers iirc. Certainly not the normal sort of layout anyway.

Maybe there soem kind of secret club :unsure:

I personally dont like the black / silver plates. I do however like the plates the vee dub boys run. A kiddy at work has them on his Golf and they do look smart. The pressed french ones posted here..i didnt like the font too much. I dont know if there different than German font ones ?

johnnyboy666 can you put up some pics for us ? As i think the German style lettering is ok, maybe with the Fr badge instead :o

Foltan
Don’t be so sure, a mate got busted in Bury last week for having the wrong spacing.

Oh damn, that's where i live!! :)

where are you then mate?

Sign in to follow this