• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

A Few Quick Questions About Injector Seals

GLPoomobile

I need to replace all my seals as I've pulled my fuel rail apart and Haynes says to replace them as a matter of course, and they don't look great anyway. This is on my 1.9 Mi.

I've got part no 198125 from Service box for 1.9 Mi seals (is that correct?).

Is it the same seal on both ends of the injector? In which case I will need 8 of them.

Is it the same seal used between the pressure regulator and rail? Making a total of 9.

Is there anywhere cheaper than Pug to get them? They are listed at £2.88 inc VAT each, which is a lot for a poxy little bit of rubber, and will cost me £26 for 9!!

pacey205

Id have a look around and see if you can find a local BOSCH dealer, thats what I did and they were alot cheaper. They are the same seals top and bottom on the injectors but Im not sure on the pressure regulator.

Michael

GLPoomobile

Thanks

Anymore for anymore? I'm going to the dealer at lunchtime so if anyone knows a definate source of these seals at a cheaper price, please let me know and I won't bothering ordering them from the dealer.

And I believe it is the same seal on the pressure reg, as I checked the 205 parts listing and that reg uses the same seal as the injectors.

GLPoomobile

53 members active in the last 15 minutes and no one has any more input? None of you replaced injector seals before?

Come on guys, I'm going to the dealer at 2pm! :lol:

Tom Fenton

I've personally never needed to change these, a quick wipe over with some silicon lube has always done the trick. I certainly wouldn't be spending £25 on them. As long as they have not gone hard (test with finger nail) and they are still a "good push" to seat the injector with o-ring fitted into the inlet manifold or fuel rail then they are usually OK to re-use.

GLPoomobile

Cheers Tom.

I didn't check them for softness, but did notice the outer edges were quite scuffed on some of them. On the one hand I don't want to spend a lot of money, but on the other hand I don't want to take any chances introducing faults due to reusing worn parts, as there's a lot of stuff I'm replacing and could end up chasing my tail if it doesn't run right once it's all back together.

GLPoomobile

Well I had hoped to be pleasantly surprised and find the quoted price would be for a set of seals, but alas, no.

So having just spent 100 quid on assorted bits I was in no mood to spend another 30 quid on some little bits of rubber.

I'll recheck what I've got and also see if I can find a bosch dealer. In the meantime does anyone have any hints? For instance? I know you can buy kits of assorted O rings, so would any of them be any good?

Rom

I got my injectors refurbed, they replace all the seals, filter baskets etc. Was about £50ish iirc.

Id imagine O Rings would be ok, if you could match the size properly etc. But ive never tried it myself. Im not sure if fuel effects normal rubber orings ?

16v205

Ive only ever found them at pug aswell, the local fuel injector & pump guy wasnt interested in helping for just a few quid :)

Quick look on ebay showed these:

14mm seals

Rich

Edited by 16v205

elrikos

try your local bearing supplier. Mine also does O rings. You just take the old one in and they'll measure tham up and sell you a new one for pence (last time it was 3p each, admittedly for a different size). Worth a go for the price difference!

Rich

GLPoomobile

Do these seals need to be a particular material?

philfingers

i'm not too sure. I have a petrol stove and use o rings in that and they don't leak. It's pressurised but not to the extent the FI system is in a car. I'd try a seal suppliers. Wyko Seals worth a try.

GLPoomobile

Does anyone have any idea if the seals in this kit would work?

eBay

Only £15 shipped from the USA and would give me more than enough if they are the right ones. Measurements seem just about spot on (Service box list them as 7.8x3.6, presumably mm, which comes close to the .296 ID x .139, presumably inches, shown in the listing)

GLPoomobile
Ive only ever found them at pug aswell, the local fuel injector & pump guy wasnt interested in helping for just a few quid :angry:

Quick look on ebay showed these:

14mm seals

Rich

I've gone ahead and ordered 2 packs (8 seals) from that seller as I'm 99% convince they are the right ones. £5.50 versus £20+ from Pug <_<

welshpug

they look pretty good, the injector pictured and the description certainly matches <_<

GLPoomobile

I received the injector seals I ordered from eBay the other day and they are the correct ones. So that's 69p per seal rather than the £2.88 per seal that Pug wanted :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this