• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cazzy93

[race_prep] 205 Forest Spec Rally Car

cazzy93

Bought myself another 205 this one being a 1.6 gti and not a base model.

This one was bought as a track car and came with a 10 point omp bolt-in cage with rear diagonal it also cake with 1.9 gti front brakes with grooved vented disc and bilsten suspension but from what I have been told they are just for standard road use. Unfortunately it didn’t come with an engine and the dashboard and loom will need replacing.

I am in the process of stripping the shell, and it will be put on a spit so I can turn it through 360 digress. it needs a new roof skin as I don’t want to plate the sunroof a full front panel two front inner wings and outer wings, i am also going to strip all of the seam sealer off, i am also going to seam weld the whole car.

so far I have got the car completely striped and ready to get put on the spit.

I will hopefully be making the car into a 1.6 205 forest spec rally car running twin 40 carbs and high lift cams and hopefully have it finished for when I am 17.

I am only rely buying parts for this when they are offered to me for a cheap price and I am not pacifically going out and looking for the, and so far I have bought twin 40’s and a full plumbed fire extinguishers and hand held fire extinguishers.

416821-2.jpg

PICT0044-1.jpg

PICT0057.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

PICT0058.jpg

Let us know what you's think.

Edited by cazzy93

dale205mills

Very nice, make sure you take loads of pictures of you replaceing the roof skin because i wanna do mine :wacko:

mickie

can you buy inner arches ? looks like you only need one light surround there.. good look, keep the pictures coming, should turn out to be a good thread

paul205mi16

yeah about £55 from peugeot dealer, I had one a few weeks ago, Dont know part number sorry.

cazzy93

well havent got much done to the car lately as i have been getting my 205 xs ready for a autotest i had on sunday, also i have been made to study for my inal exams at school. well i have now got the car ready to either put the new front pannel on and inner wings or put it on the spit and start stripping it ready for painting. i was bidding on a car on ebay to use as a donner car but got out bidded, also does every 205 have the gears where the reverse gear you have to pull up a collor. here are some picture.

PICT0g033.jpg

PICT0g038.jpg

and a little but of rust dont know if this is classed as bad for a 205.

PICT0g034.jpg

and here is a picture of my autotest car ready to go.

PICT0037.jpg

cheers

cazzy93

little update havent done much latley but i have washed the car inside and out with a steam washer and i am building a car spit so i can turn the car onto its side/roof with out the bodywork getting damaged, i took collection of mt dellorto twin 40's but was disapointed when i found out that a corner where there is treads where the trumpets bolt onto is snaped off so they are away getting fixed, also what size of trumpeds should i be looking for, the car is for stage rallying, also if anyone has a inlet manifold for twin 40's for a 1.6 gti engine for sale then pm me. also am collecting a side mounted bucket seat made of kevlar i am told and has peugeot 205 gti stiched in the cloth. i also took delivery of a set of kumho r700 rally tyres for my autotest car but have found that 15 inch 205/70 font fit on a 205 xs.so ordered 8 gravel tyres for my autotest car and rally car.

i fitted my 1.6 gti rear beam to my 1.4 205 xs and the hand brake only works on 1 side is this only a case of 2 new cables and adjust the brakes up.

and one last thing my 205 xs was built with a 1990 205 xe shell with a off white colour does any 1 know the exact colour and code as it need the bumpers sprayed and the front whings,

cheers

cazzy93

well not much been happening, my skip brown kent cam kit arrived on wednesday which i got for a nice wee sum of £299 that included, cam , vernier pully, double valve springs, and some large washers which i dnt know what they are for. i am now in the procces of saving up to get my car Professionally grit blasted seam welded new pannels welded on and primmed all in the same day will take picures of my new cam kit and when my shell get grit blasted.

cazzy93

not much of an update but i have took some picures of my camshaft kit and twin 40's, also have i have been spending my time buying another 205 1.6gti as a track car and have got it ready for an mot and hopefully going to be using this for trackday and 12 car road rallies, anyways some work should hopefully happen on the shell as i have borrowed a small sandblasting kit which will allow me to clean up the seams ready for seam welding which i am going to try and attempt my self.

PICT0067-1.jpg

PICT0065-1.jpg

PICT0063-1.jpg

unsure what these are but they came in the kit so if any one know's that would be great.

PICT0062-1.jpg

PICT0054-1.jpg

camshaft.jpg

cazzy93

well not had a update in a long time so here goes

this project came to a stop as i left school and had no job or money, but any little money i could find was spent on parts,

over the last year i have bought a 1.6gti track car and another gti shell non sunroof for very cheep, put the track car in for an mot and it failed on a roting sill, so today i decided i would replace the sill but turns out abit more of the shell was rotting, the usuall 205 places both rear sills inner and outer, boot floor, bumper breackets , rear pannel and front pannel.

so i have decided to reshell track car into the white shell and use the sunroof less shell as the new rally car.

SDC10493.jpg

SDC10486.jpg

track car

SDC10484.jpg

SDC10485.jpg

one sill cut alot off rot away but still alot in there

SDC10488.jpg

SDC10490.jpg

new shell for rally car, bad welding by previos owner would do the job but i want it lookin good

Edited by cazzy93

cazzy93

SDC10494.jpg

SDC10495.jpg

new leda adjustable shocks for any tarmac rallys very very good condition and brand new kad top mounts but think i will need to make up a spacer as the nut wont tighten them on properly coilover £120 front pair which i though wa very good

SDC10497.jpg

SDC10498.jpg

bucket seat given to me, are these worth anything??

and finally my autotest car and wee project i have been workin on for a mate

SDC10507.jpg

SDC10508.jpg

will keep update on any progress on any cars.

hexhamstu

nice project! or should I say projects. are you competing for 17 year old with the most cars? seems to be alot of rust on that sorrento. Aren't you tempted to snip the roof off and scrap the rest?

Jrod

I would, decent shells are so easy to come by still its stupid to waste your effort.

rallyjonesy205

the washers you are on abut are for the valve springs. you will probarly see where exactly once you strip the head apart.

Baz

Serious projects, you'll need time and dedication for those! Good effort! :)

I would, decent shells are so easy to come by still its stupid to waste your effort.

Really? Point me in the right direction then... :D

allye

Bloody hell! Do you just keep buying cars!?

Good work though.