• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AdamVester

Differnt Rad For Mi16 Converted 205?

AdamVester

done a little search cant find any real info on it. but im looking for a differnt rad for my 205 (shorter) basicly the mi16 engine was put in unmoded it doesnt have a shortent inlet or a angeld outlet. i dropped the RAD and made a bracket for it but it only gets half the cooling from the fans. i no i can cut down the fan hosing but i think it seats way to close. someone said there is another kind of RAD that will fit nice i dont no anything about it im guessing its thinner or shorter possibly both?

um it was a nissan rad or something? does anyone have any more info on this like the car it come from the size? average price that kind of thing. also if anyone has one for sale let me no as ill be interested. does it requre any modifications to fit it in aswell?

j_turnell

Theres nothing wrong with cutting the rad cowling, as long as your engine mounts are good, theres no chance of it touching.

Rom

I cut my cowling, dont be shy !! Theres loads of room between the inlet and rad. Atleast 5mm :lol:

But with uprated mounts, mines never touched.

Fittign different rads, is goign to mean custom fan mounts most likely, aswell as messign with hose to get them to fit.

AdamVester

suppose i could give it a go im getting some engine movment still so id have to sort that out first i guess. it doesnt even look like i have room to fit the rad :S meh only 1 way to find out i guess.

inferno

BX16v rad works well giving plenty of clearance with minor cowling mods, and a new rad will cost around £40.

jackherer
BX16v rad works well giving plenty of clearance with minor cowling mods, and a new rad will cost around £40.

They are nearer £80.

Ryan

The rad for a Citroen C15 diesel is about £40, and is physically the same size as the BX16v. It doesn't have the extra outlets for the oil cooler, and I think it has fewer tubes and/or fins so the cooling capacity is a bit lower, but otherwise they are the same.

Toddy

Nissens rad is less width iirc & also lighter around £47

inferno
They are nearer £80.

Mine was £40 from herts rads, cash with trade account :) iirc they stock nissens there for most cars.

AdamVester

well i think im going to just custom make a RAD setup im going to go to the scrappy and find a thin RAD and 2 thin fans (or as many as i can to cover the hole RAD) them im going to just bolt them onto the RAD and make up a simple mount. should not cost me more than £30 to do. i should be able to then put this in its original place.

James_R

I'm just putting a 10" spal fan on the rad, one is more than enough to keep the car cool parked in traffic, doubel fans, just means more weight and more load on the alt.

Sign in to follow this