• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

Where To Put Oil Temp Sender(ph 1 Gti6)

shooter mcgavin

last thing i need to get working and its the oil temp gauge.

i fitted a seprate gauge for this but not sure where on the sump the sender fits

there is a drain plug at the front of the sump can this be used?

have also noticed there is no low level light, any ideas how this gets hooked up?

cheers

All Praise The GTI

on my vts lump when i fitted my aftermarket oil temp gauge i drilled and tapped a hole on the left side of sump. there is already a hole there for some reason just retap it all the way through

shooter mcgavin

am sure there is a hole with a plug already there,

dont fancy drilling anthing out i'am a bit of a loose cannon that way ;)

All Praise The GTI

yeah so am i! but the hole standard sensor was in was way too big. aftermarket gauge came with an m10 thread sensor

shooter mcgavin

where is the standard sensor?

i've got a few different sized adapters that came with my gauge

All Praise The GTI

front of the sump. blue plug i thinks

whizzer71

You remove that plug from the front of the sump and it screws in there

:blink:

RonnieG

Remember having a similar issue too when swapping sumps as the Mi Oil Temp Sensor is a different thread from the Gti6 ones.

I'm sure the Gti6 threads are M14 X 1.25

VisaGTi16v

On the front interesting. Just picked up a XU10 sump and was wondering what to do as only 1 plug on the back, was going to find a sensor to fit in there instead of the sump plug but front of the block will do heh. M14 does sound right, cant find the thread now but I bought a late 205 sensor a couple of weeks back which is apparently the same threads as these GTi6 ones but gives the right reading for a 205 dash, the 306 one will give far to low a reading

Super Josh
On the front interesting. Just picked up a XU10 sump and was wondering what to do as only 1 plug on the back, was going to find a sensor to fit in there instead of the sump plug but front of the block will do heh. M14 does sound right, cant find the thread now but I bought a late 205 sensor a couple of weeks back which is apparently the same threads as these GTi6 ones but gives the right reading for a 205 dash, the 306 one will give far to low a reading

Here's the link

Josh

VisaGTi16v

Yer just found it, forgot what section it was in :blink:

Sign in to follow this