• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Clutch Arm Bushes: Part No's Enclosed

Stu

Howdy all..

I want to rebush the clutch arm on the 1600 box im gonna fit over the weekend, the arm has lots of play in it so it needs doing before fitting.

Service box shows 3 bushes (parts 4,5 and 15), as below:

boxbushes.jpg

Do i need all three? or is the bottom one a 'housing' so to speak for the bush?

Edited by stu da rude

jord294

yeah, they're the ones you need. but you'll probably find it very difficult to remove no.3, as the years of corrosion might make it awkward to remove

you may have to drill no.3 out. so i'd look at buying no.3 aswell. just to be safe

Stu

Hmm.. im a little confused now..

The shaft on my clutch arm doesnt have that 'step' at the end, its straight, and ive only got two bushes, one at the top and one at the bottom.

Its defo a BE3 box as reverse is under 5th.

welshpug

I've never seen a box with part 15, cant visualise where it goes or what it is! though as you say Servicebox does show it ;)

One bush top and one at the bottom of the arm is all I've ever seen with that type of release arm, ask Miles!!

the arrangement I'm familiar with is this one;

405be3pushtypeclutchrelease.jpg

parts 6 & 7, 2175 21 & 2175 20

Edited by welshpug

James_R

you'll want the whole clatuch arm, then the top and bottom bushes, the cluatch arm shaft itself is usuall corrodded or has to be grond out

Stu

The arm itself isnt that bad actually, thankfully the top and bottom 'bearing' surfaces have cleaned up ok, i did wonder about that James before i pulled it apart. :lol:

What box is that diagram for buddy? I couldnt find that.. :D That looks like what ive got!

welshpug

its for the 405 actually, the 205 diagrams are all like you posted! odd as I've never come across an arrangement like that, I bet miles has though.

James_R

Very much depends if you can get the pin out of the arms, the usually the deciding factor on if you reuse it or not :lol::D

£40 for a shinee new one.

Stu

lol! yeah, i did struggle a bit with that last night, some sympathetic drilling and swearing managed to get it free.. :D

Its all apart now, interestingly the part numbers Mei mentions arent found in a search on Servicebox, but can be found on another 205 drawing, whats even more confusing is the colouring of the bushes, mine are yellow, which apparently were only fitted post april 93, and have yet ANOTHER part number! lol! Fookin' french know how to complicate things dont they!

Edited by stu da rude

pug_ham

I was just about to post that up. There are two different sets, either in white or yellow & you need to make sure you get the right one. Not sure why but thats what I was told.

I've got a white lower one here that I bought for a box but never fitted before Wurzel took it off me to rebuild into his old Mi.

IIRC I got mine from Dean Hunter @ Peugeot Parts & all he asked was the colour of the old bushes when I ordered.

Probably worth giving Miles a call though to see if there is any specific reason to get a particular colour but if you are replacing both upper & lower then any pair the same colour should be OK afaik.

Graham.

jord294

i have a brand new pair of yellows, still in the packet iirc

i run be1 boxes in my cars

Stu

Does anyone know how the white and yellow bushes differ?

jord294

according to parts catalogue, the yellow bushes should be for all be3 boxes upto '93.

the white ones are for '93 on

don't quite understand that, as most 205s and 309s were ending production in '93 :D

Stu

that would make sense, but i read it as being the other way round, i.e. the yellow ones were the later ones...

*runs off to check*

Andrwn8304

yeah you can buy the set from Peugeot the bottom 1 actually fits in to the bell housing.

I would recommend you buy the fork and arm aswell unless your very good with a drill.

James_m

So basically you can get either white or yellow as long as they are a matching pair?

Anybody fitted the slightly different looking bushes from the first pic and found them to be ok/not ok?

Cheers James.

Miles

Just fit the white one's, Problem solved

kyepan

I also gave up trying to remove the arm without damaging the box and popped for a new one, five minutes on the angle grinder.

Sign in to follow this