• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SIDCPHIL

Exhaust Options

SIDCPHIL

1.9 Gti

Track Day use only

Any recomendations

Tom Fenton

Standard system is very hard to beat, especially as it comes free on most 205's.

Other than that the only ones I have experience of are the Magnex system which is a well made and good quality system, and the OMP systems, which are not so well made, can be loud, but seem to flow reasonably well.

DES developents exhausts get frequent good reports but I've no experience of them personally.

With noise restrictions getting ever tighter at most circuits your primary aim needs to be getting the car through noise TBH.

SIDCPHIL

:D

Was looking at something that breathed a little better

I work very close to hayward and scott I may as them to make something bespoke :D

Coonper

Ashley sell a full system for around £150. Cant go wrong really, and ashley have proven results in grasstrack and other motorsport.

SIDCPHIL
Ashley sell a full system for around £150. Cant go wrong really, and ashley have proven results in grasstrack and other motorsport.

Do you have a link please ?

Coonper

If you go on ebay and type in "ashley saxo", a shop called fiesta centre comes up.

I got my saxo exhaust from him, and he gave a very good service and was helpfull.

Email him and ask him for the 205 one, cus he does do them, even though theyre not listed in his shop :(

Edit: feista centre

Either email him or ring him.

Edited by Coonper

SIDCPHIL

Cheers

sonofsam

I built my own for half that :):(

Coonper
I built my own for half that :):(

But have you seen the price of scaffolding recently?? :D

chrisj21

I recently asked a similar question to you.

As Tom says the standard system is very hard to better but i went for a des developements system and must say im very impressed.

Best to look for a system thats as close to the original but in stainless which the des item is.

Coonper

You dont get the all important sound with a standard system though :(

Tom Fenton

Well if that is what is important fit the cheapest nastiest system you can find and you'll get the "all important" sound and most probably lose some power to boot.

Coonper
Well if that is what is important fit the cheapest nastiest system you can find and you'll get the "all important" sound and most probably lose some power to boot.

Not at all, cus the cheapest, nastiest systems dont side one bit nice...

However, a full magnex/supersprint/ashley system will sound very nice and still free up the revs!

Tom Fenton

Recalling the results of a back to back test some years ago, out of a host of so-called "performance" systems, only the Magnex could equal the standard Peugeot system on a 1.9 GTI, all the others lost power/torque IIRC.

However, it seems you know something we don't, so go ahead fit whatever you prefer.

hengti

it's well known that the OE system is v efficient and that there are no gains to be had from the exhaust system alone. don't read too much into the assertion that you'll lose power from fitting an aftermarket system though, as we're only talking about 1 or 2 HP - you won't notice and it's not worth worrying about.

welshpug

one of the best sounding systems I've heard recently was a Standard Peugeot supplied one on a Standard 1.6 (even the induction is standard)

Ashley systems tend to be excessively loud, and being mild steel last as long as PTS systems...

Coonper
one of the best sounding systems I've heard recently was a Standard Peugeot supplied one on a Standard 1.6 (even the induction is standard)

Ashley systems tend to be excessively loud, and being mild steel last as long as PTS systems...

Yes, the ashley systems are only mild steel, but ive had one on my saxo for over a year and it is still like new.

They arent that loud either. I have a twin box system, which is supposedly better for torque, but with a straight through centre section probably would be quite loud!

Sign in to follow this