• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rom

Mi16 Fuel Connections

Rom

Evening..

I honestly did search to try and answer this. But didnt fidn what i needed.

Somewhere on here i came across some Fuel Banjos for using on Mi conversions. As the standard pipe isnt the right diameter. I think it was a forum member...selling via ebay or something.

Im goign to move my filter, and maybe use a 106 Gti one. Any idea if id still need this, or only if i keep 205 filter ? At the mo i think ive got the inner plastic still on the banjo and rubber hose over it :(

Cheers

16v205

It was Miles who was selling them.

If you put a 106 fuel filter on your unlikely to get a new banjo, you'd maybe get a few copper washers if your lucky in the kit so youll still retain the 7mm 205 one.

Rich

Rom

Ha

I was speakign with him earlier !

I meant would i still need this banjo Miles does if i used the 106 filter.

I think the banjo was the correct thread, and the bigger pipe size needed by Mi fuel rail ?

Oh , and thanks :(

Edited by RKKRom

GLPoomobile

106 filter doesn't use the stupid banjo connector. You just attach the hose directly to the filter tails and secure with fuel hose clips.

Baz

Same as a corsa type filter too then. Handy little inline one. :(

C_W

I've used a BX 16v in-line filter, probably used on other models.

nick

Probably same as above, but I'm using a gti-6 filter. A lot smaller and has the straight push on ends.

Nick

MiamiGus

My MI is running a complete braided hose fuel line set up from Earls, I had the banjo's made up to suit at a local Hydraulics firm, you could run any setup you like if you changed the piping first <_<

Dave_McC

Just to bring this to the top again, but I'm in the process of an Mi16 conversion and am going to replace the standard fuel filter with a 106 / 306 GTI on with the push on fittings. What are the threaded connections where the existing fuel pipes (feed and return) fix to the rigid pipes on the bulkhead - and how do I connect from these to the push on fittings on the filter and return end of the fuel rail.

Cheers

Dave

GLPoomobile

If you look at the hard pipes you refer to from above the engine, leaning in from the front of the bay, the one that is on the left is the return pipe and the one on the right the supply. The return pipe (on mine at least) has no specific connection, and you can simply slide the hose on to the pipe and secure with a fuel hose clip (in fact mine had jubilee clip on, which I've refitted for reasons I won't go in to, but this apparently fine as it's low pressure on the return side).

The supply pipe has an annoying threaded connection. The pipe itself is treaded and has a nut on it, and the hose that joins to it also has a treaded bit inserted in to it. You join the two parts together and then the nut on the pipe screws upwards to clamp the 2 together. The reason I'm explaining this is that when trying to undo mine, I assumed I had to loosen the top nut, but it's the opposite! Hold the top nut, and loosen the bottom nut (the one on the pipe).

Once you have it apart, cut the old fuel hose off of the little threaded insert, and put that insert in to your new hose and secure with a fuel hose clip.

But this is all assuming you are replacing all the fuel hoses. You don't need to replace them to fit a 106 filter! MIne has no specific fitting on the filter, it's just tails, so you just slide the hose on and use a hose clip to secure it. But I beleive there are some sort of quick release fittings you can get for them. I haven't seen them, but I'd assume if you were wanting to fit them, all you need to do is just cut off the old banjo from the existing fuel hose and fit the new connector.

Dave_McC

Thanks - that's great info! I don't intend to use quick release connectors but do want to move the filter to where the jack used to be - I'm not too keen on having it so close to the exaust manifold..... - hence I'll need to extend the existing supply side hose.

Engine is out so at least it's easy to get to.

Cheers

Dave

GLPoomobile

Yeah, I figured the engine was out. Lucky you! Trying to get to those connections with the Mi in pace is a mother c*nting f*** bag! :glare:

My hoses aren't right up against the manifold, but it is inevitable that they will be a bit close. I've used SS braided hose, so I'm not too concerned. As long as they don't contact they should be OK.

Happy to take a pic if it helps at all :lol:

Sign in to follow this