• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ccgoose

Over Filling Expansion Tank

ccgoose
That plug is redundant, its from an old diagnostic system.

The top right guage will be that the cable to the bottom of the sump has corroded and is probably hanging down, I need to replace the connector on mine too.

You are exactly correct, tbh its fooked, i guess i'll need to chase it to find where it comes from and then sort a replacement of some sort, is it vital that its connected?

Baz

Not really, just gives you the oil temp. Probably only about 50% of them work anyway :mellow:

Glad you got it sorted Hen!! :P

Edited by Baz

Masekwm

Nope, it just means you'll not know your oil temperature not vital but may help you avoid a bill, to be fair, I've paid no notice to it, you should be able to replace the connector

ccgoose
Not really, just gives you the oil temp. Probably only about 50% of them work anyway :lol:

Glad you got it sorted Hen!! :lol:

yeap i'm not going to say its running ok as thats like stepping out in front of a passing bus!!

thanks for the last minute bits baz and i'm hoping to get the interior bits sorted this friday before combe. When i took the pipes off the old coolant tank, they were full of s*it and rusty as you like, a quick clean up and flush several litres and there we go. Gradually working my way onto slightly bigger tasks. Next up is front brakes and rear drums as there is some sort of rotating noise like something is binding as the speed of the rub is proportional to the speed i'm going. The rear handbrake is only working on one side i think so will do another search for help on this at work tomorrow :ph34r:

Sign in to follow this