• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
craig f90

2.0 Turbo Smoking And Lossed Urgencey.

bales
A T28 just about clears with a Diesel/Xs servo,yep the other options can be pricey but are very worth while & even a quaife in a hybrid box struggles on dry tarmac with sticky tyres,but it really is SO much fun !

:(

Yeah its fun until you get seen off by diesel rep mobiles in the wet as you are busy wheelspinning upto about 70mph!! :(

whizzer71
Yeah its fun until you get seen off by diesel rep mobiles in the wet as you are busy wheelspinning upto about 70mph!! :(

Depends what CWP / gearset ratios you are running combined with a quaife I personally found the std 1.9 gearbox didnt really suit the torque characteristics to the best advantage.

We are currently running a 3.59 FD with a mix of Xsara / 1.9 Gti gears with very good results,when we fit the T28 we are going to fit the 3.47 diff and hopefully this will keep everything controlable.

We have plans for a 205 Turbo 4 x 4 so should be interesting ,I think that should sort out the traction issues :(

These really are great engines very underestimated in my opinion so hence Im very keen to try as many variants/combinations as possible,We are going to the local RR next w/end to get some runs with the std turbo fitted (running at 1 bar with DKZ cam but otherwise std) so it'll be interesting to see what its running at,and then once we have fitted the T28 emerald etc we'll get it all set up and see what its pushing out then.

Ill keep you all posted as things unfold

:(

craig f90
Depends what CWP / gearset ratios you are running combined with a quaife I personally found the std 1.9 gearbox didnt really suit the torque characteristics to the best advantage.

We are currently running a 3.59 FD with a mix of Xsara / 1.9 Gti gears with very good results,when we fit the T28 we are going to fit the 3.47 diff and hopefully this will keep everything controlable.

We have plans for a 205 Turbo 4 x 4 so should be interesting ,I think that should sort out the traction issues :D

These really are great engines very underestimated in my opinion so hence Im very keen to try as many variants/combinations as possible,We are going to the local RR next w/end to get some runs with the std turbo fitted (running at 1 bar with DKZ cam but otherwise std) so it'll be interesting to see what its running at,and then once we have fitted the T28 emerald etc we'll get it all set up and see what its pushing out then.

Ill keep you all posted as things unfold

:D

Good man. DKZ cam on standard managment sounds interesting. B)

With out sounding cheeky what price figure are you looking at with T28, cam, injectors and emerald? :)

whizzer71

Ill put some figure together and PM you Craig.

Tris

craig f90
Ill put some figure together and PM you Craig.

Tris

Pm recived. Thanks for that.

craig f90

Had a ring around through the week regarding prices of a turbo rebuild. :(

Some fims were unsure as to what a 406sri was. <_< others dont do rebuilds, just supply replacments.

Peugeot dealer quoted me £1,225 for a replacment :o . Midland turbos have quoted £175+ vat, worst case £395+tax for a rebuild.

just thought i'd let you know,

Craig. :D

tom_m

have you tried turbo technics, turbo dynamics, aet?

at the end of the day a turbo is a turbo, even if they haven't heard of it they should be able to service/improve <_< it

i know for sure one lad in the peugeot sport club had a 406 turbo hybridised by a company, might be worth asking over there?

craig f90
have you tried turbo technics, turbo dynamics, aet?

at the end of the day a turbo is a turbo, even if they haven't heard of it they should be able to service/improve :) it

i know for sure one lad in the peugeot sport club had a 406 turbo hybridised by a company, might be worth asking over there?

Yeah, tried 2 of those, your right a turbo is a turbo. Maybe they are winding down for the weekend B)

hybrid on PSOOC? i havent been over there for ages.

its just to give folks an idea what the costs are. although most are going for bigger turbos :D

craig f90
After having noticed that my 2.0t was smoking, the first thing i thought (as did a few friends) valve stem oil seals were shot. But it smokes when its up to temprature. then i noticed mayo in the oil filler and breathers, which made me think thats why it could be smoking, so i took it to my mechanic mates who have done a compression test and block test, checked emissions all's good. Then he took it on road test he said it's not boosting like it did. i didnt notice as ive not driven it hard all week. Ive checked all of the pipes for leaks, but no joy.

Would anyone anyone like to confirm my worst fear? Dead turbo :( .

Just an update on the above. ^^^^^^^^ I purchaced an original turbo from All praise the GTi a few weeks back to replace my ill one. After the first few runs the smoke went, and the power came back and the mayo disappeared. To say im over the moon is an understatment.

Thankyou for your help guys, its always appreciated. Alot. :)

Sign in to follow this