• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Bakes100

Gti6 Coolant Pipes Dillema..again!

Bakes100

**Dilemma :P

I will be sorting out my bodged coolant system at the weekend. Im wont even attempt to explain how it is set out at the moment!...Anyway i have a few questions hopefully someone here can help me with :P.

1) After having a quick look under the hood it only looks as though there are two outlets on the thermostat housing is there one further round the back that i cant see or is that it?

2) If there is only two outlets... do they both go to the heater matrix pipes with one teed off to the header tank?

3) Where do i connect the bypass pipe that runs along the back of the block?

4) Do i need any special hoses or can i just mix and match the 205 and 306 ones?

I have done a search on here and i found spikys little drawing!, but that only shows two outlets on the thermostat end of the engine, assuming one is the bypass pipe that runs along the back of the head.

I hope someone who has done a conversion can help :D

Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by Bakes100

jonnie205

The stat housing has 1 outlet which goes to heater matrix, below that outlet is the outlet from pipe along back of block. Both go to heater matrix, T into the one which goes into metal pipe on block with header tank

Sign in to follow this