• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205freak

4 Pot Calipers

205freak

hi guys i´ve just bought a set of 4 pot caliper(front) 2pot caliper(rear) to use on my car, what´s the best master cylinder to use????

phat205

I'd imagine it would depend on what type on calipers they are and how much fluid the move.

205freak

The brake calipers came from a 1990 Porsche 964 Carrera 2, hope this help!!

base-1

Do you want to run them from a twin master cylinder setup or from a standard servo'd Peugeot master cylinder?

If a twin setup you need piston diameters, if Peugeot then the biggest one you can find that fits!

205freak

i´m thining of standard servo'd Peugeot master cylinder??? Probably not a good idea but what do you recommend??? Peugeot 406 v6 master cylinder, do you thing it´s good enough???

cybernck

306 GTI-6 /Xsara VTS 23.8mm cylinder should be okay for you :).

saveloy

That's the largest available. However, I doubt it is large enough though. Definately so if you use the 2 pots at the rear.

It's overkill and unnecessary. And unless you use vented rear discs, you'll overheat the system and then you're fubbered.

Rob Thomson

Do you know the piston sizes of the calipers? If you do (or could measure them) it's not too hard to work out the MC size you'll need.

The amount of rear braking effort is governed by the stability of the car. You could fit the largest calipers in the world, but they'd have to be restricted to stop the car spinning like a top whenever you touch the brakes. The governing factor is the grip of the tyre, not the size of the caliper. My old 106 rally car had standard calipers at the back (the same as the 205) and I used loads of rear bias to deliberately destabilise the car. The standard discs, pads and calipers coped with that abuse without any problems, so I don't see how fitting 2-pots would make the slightest bit of difference. I do agree that uprated rear brakes are unnecessary unless you want a decent hydraulic handbrake, but then the standard front brakes are more than adequate too...

205toby

Do GTi-6 master cylinders bolt straight on to 205's?

cybernck

pre-1998 yes :P.

it also came on Xsara VTS.

you can find one on some 406's too, and it's got 4 outlets vs 2 on the 306/Xsara m/c.

205freak

thanks guys ,i´m going GTi-6 master cylinders all the way!!!:blush:

Sign in to follow this