• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
thrasher

4-2-1 Manifold

thrasher

hi there,cant post in the wanted forum yet,so im desperate for a 4-2-1 exhaust manifold for 205 xs/gt tu engine anybody got one for sale or where can i get a new one? i have tried very hard but cant seem to find anybody that makes this,could i make an ax gt one fit or saxo/106 bye cutting manifold and welding the part that goes over subframe together? anybody done this? any helpvery grateful.

gus

johnnyboy666

try a quick search, theres a topic on these somewhere with the pros and cons of cut-and-welding a ax gt or similar one, personally i think u'd be better off getting a csc marmitte one like i have, they're really good and fit really well, they are pretty expensive though and you'll probably have to wait a while for it to be imported, macaroni (anthony) on here sorted mine out for me (and i am eternally grateful!!!!) maybe if you ask him nicely he might be able to have a word with the people for you or give you some contact details, im sure i read a post on here from somebody else wanting one aswell so you may be able to get a group buy on the go or summit. i think mine was about £200 about 6 months ago but the prices have a tendancy to rise pretty often, and postage might be a little extra if your not in mainland uk

hope that helps a little

john

thrasher
Obviously not tried hard enough! :)

CSC marmitte or http://www.rallyusedparts.co.uk/timsport.cfm

thanks,yeh posted on here a while ago and macaroni said he was trying to sort out a group buy from csc but there hasnt been any progress,will try these, i also have stage three head now whats the best cam for normal road use?

cheers gus

swordfish210

i wouldnt go above a 265 for normal road use. A 285 is a good comprimise for road/track

thrasher
i wouldnt go above a 265 for normal road use. A 285 is a good comprimise for road/track

thanks swordfish,how close is that to standard cam, its a gt engine all alloy

cheers gus

thrasher
thanks swordfish,how close is that to standard cam, its a gt engine all alloy

cheers gus

just an update on exhaust manifold,got one from ti motorsport in reading,£195+vat very good quality,he gets janspeed to make them for him,very helpful,will fit it and let you know how it goes.

cheers gus

Guest dakin

I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

I'm thinking of buying one myself.

thrasher
I'd be interested to hear how it goes.

I'm thinking of buying one myself.

nae bother,i would say its a good price and well made,might go and fit it later,if i can be bothered lol,also just bought a 1.9 gti h reg grey,wil post more about it later.

cheers gus

thrasher
nae bother,i would say its a good price and well made,might go and fit it later,if i can be bothered lol,also just bought a 1.9 gti h reg grey,wil post more about it later.

cheers gus

right thats the manifold fitted,was very easy with two people it took about half an hour,but i already had old manifold and downpipe off,sounds great,havent been out yet to see if any difference,will post up when been out a thrash lol.

Sign in to follow this