• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
MerlinGTI

1.6 Gti Nsr Metal Brake Pipe

MerlinGTI

Upon servicing the rear brakes this morning I discovered my passenger side rear brake pipe (the metal bit that goes to the cylinder) is seized in the also knackered wheel cylinder.

I need a new one, phoned pug and they dont do them. I dont want to take my car to a garage and have one made because I dont trust anyone with my baby and it will be expensive.

Can they be purchaced in the right length? or should I invest in a flaring tool and buy some pipe?

Cheers :)

Tom Fenton

I make my own, but otherwise you may find a local motor factor or garage can make you up a new pipe quite cheaply if you take the old one to them as a sample.

sussex_gti

Just take it out complete and take it to a garage and get one made. Might as well do both sides while your there.

ORB

It will work out very well in your favour to buy a 5 metre roll of pipe, and a big bag of mixed conectors along with a flaring tool (decent one)

You will be able to make all your pipes till your heart is content.

MerlinGTI

can some one tell me what diameter pipe and what unions I need please :) cheers

Tom Fenton

3/16" pipe, M10x1 unions. A decent motor factor will have both in stock.

jord294

if your interested. i have a couple of new pipes made up for a drum brake back axle

all they need is forming (shaping)

pm me if your interested

MerlinGTI

You have PM kind sir

'tidy' :wub:

Sign in to follow this